What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

I am so excited! I just purchased the Silverton 810 which is Costco exclusive comparable to the Timberline in many ways.

Yes Congrats...
Use the site, it has plenty of tips, tricks, quirks, fixes, and solutions to good Traegerin'

I am so excited! I just purchased the Silverton 810 which is Costco exclusive comparable to the Timberline in many ways.

Congrats! Enjoy and don't hesitate to come here for for questions & help.

Merry Christmas!

Congratulations! Now get cookin!! 😀

Oh, this is so good and so easy.
1 cup peanut oil and two sticks of butter (I skipped the "clarified" butter this time), melted and drizzled over the mix. I kept sprinkling the granulated garlic and onion along with the Chupacabra rub as well as dashes of Worcestershire sauce in the pan for 3 hours at 250 along with the Hickory booster. Lots of sprinkles & stirring, but hey, it's alright to head out every 30 minutes to check on Chex Mix awesomeness. :) Good Stuff tonight Yielded almost 3 gallon zip lock bags for the Christmas holiday. Hmmm Christmas Crack!

Christmas ChexMix 2.jpeg
Christmas ChexMix 3.jpeg

Oh, this is so good and so easy.
1 cup peanut oil and two sticks of butter (I skipped the "clarified" butter this time), melted and drizzled over the mix. I kept sprinkling the granulated garlic and onion along with the Chupacabra rub as well as dashes of Worcestershire sauce in the pan for 3 hours at 250 along with the Hickory booster. Lots of sprinkles & stirring, but hey, it's alright to head out every 30 minutes to check on Chex Mix awesomeness. :) Good Stuff tonight Yielded almost 3 gallon zip lock bags for the Christmas holiday. Hmmm Christmas Crack!

View attachment 3535View attachment 3536
Sure looks good! I might have to make some next week for New Years. Then would you call it New Years Snack Crack? 😀

Well...the wife wont let me Q for Christmas, so the plan is a spatchcock turkey on Saturday, pork butt next Tuesday, and a brisket for New Years. Hopefully the weather holds out, its supposed to be 7f tonight and cold till Saturday.

Smoked paprika turned out great, as does the smoked salt. I've been doing these since my days using my Bradley smoker.
Keep it dry, if you don't it will clump on you.. I use a cookie sheet and spread it out and about every hour I will use a fork or spoon and give it a little mix to expose more of it to the smoke.
It is so nice to have during winters when I am not able to cook outside as often
How long and what temp are you rocking for this??

How long and what temp are you rocking for this??
Doesn't require any heat at all. So as low as you can go. If you have a smoke tube, just use that. It can be thrown on if you are smoking something else, I have done that in the past. Just make sure it's not below something that can drip on it.
My last smoke for paprika I used my smoke tube and smoked for 6 hours. The longer you go, the more flavor it will take on. So time is up to you. It does get really fragrant with the smell of smoke, but it isn't harsh or overpowering when it's used. I did 4 hours the previous time and that was nice as well.
Do some kosher coarse salt at the same time if you want to make use of the space.
Both make excellent quick gifts for family and friends

I was watching a YouTube video and there was a claim that the offset smokers produce better smoked meats than pellet smokers. Is this a subjective opinion or a fact? If true, how close can pellets smokers like a Traeger get to these flavors? Curious!

Better Smoked Meat??? Obviously "better meat" is an OPINION and hard to prove on any level other than that.

My opinion?? I've been smoking meat for 20 years, since I got a Traeger, according to my wife, I've been serving the best meat she has ever tasted.

A Traeger smokes meat DIFFERENT that wood burners and I think completely juicier because it skins/barks over everything you cook so it amazingly holds in the juices.

All you gotta do is scroll thru the previous 27 pages in this thread here and tell me whether you think food cooked on Traegers looks like it lacks smoke or flavor

Last edited:
Better Smoked Meat??? Obviously "better meat" is an OPINION and hard to prove on any level other than that.

My opinion?? I've been smoking meat for 20 years, since I got a Traeger, according to my wife, I've been serving the best meat she has ever tasted.

A Traeger smokes meat DIFFERENT that wood burners and I think completely juicier because it skins/barks over everything you cook so it amazingly holds in the juices.

All you gotta do is scroll thru the previous 27 pages in this thread here and tell me whether you think food cooked on Traegers looks like it lacks smoke or flavor
Thank you, this is helpful and yes the food on this thread and others looks amazing! I am anxiously waiting to get my grill delivered. What should I smoke first?! Hmmm

Everything!!!!!

Mwahahahahaha

Back