What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Pork Loin with a very light dusting of Holy Gospel (for color), then dusted heavily with a mixture of turbinado sugar, kosher salt, dried minced garlic, onion flakes, cracked pepper, dried Rosemary leaves, and dried thyme leaves.
Gonna serve it with homemade cranberry sauce, made with orange juice, honey, and fresh cranberries.
I got the idea from a recipe on HowToBBQRight.com. I just changed it up a bit.
And some salt crusted baked taters…
https://share.fireboard.io/AC5A3D

5A81F98B-8F93-4DE6-B6B4-3642886A7C67.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good! I noticed that you have a probe on one of the potatoes, what temperature do they set them as? My first attempt of grilling potatoes was a failure. I had to slice them up to get them to cook.
Baked potatoes need an internal temp of 205-210.

Man, I’m drooling here looking at all this awesome food. I did my first cook on my Traeger today - 321 Ribs. Took just a hair over six hours to make ‘em and my son and I knocked out two racks in about 15 minutes. These were freaken’ awesome ribs. Nice baby back cut from the butcher, plenty of meat and the bark? Omg, Amazing.

I basically followed the 321 recipe from the Traeger site (from Diva Q) but adjusted the temps and time a bit. One thing is super duper clear - the temperature sensors on the Traegers blow - I used a Fireboard and was pretty consistently 15-20 degrees from what the grill reported. Using the Fireboard was a joy - if you’re on the fence on this one, just do it.

F9A8CADE-58C6-4A3B-BB1B-E4FE5962BAA4.jpeg

Next time? I’m loading the entire grill up with ribs and am gonna have some neighbors over.

:)

Nice Fireboard log Dan, I'm glad you don't have a Fructose Allergy like I do cuz they look
amazing.gif

Back