What are you smokin for Thanksgiving?

Helping my daughter & son-in-law with their first brined Thanksgiving turkey. Here it it is. A 20 pound bird in an 8 gallon bucket. It will go in the garage fridge till Thursday morning before I hand it over to my daughter. Afterwards, I will be sitting in a lounger with a bourbon or 3 waiting for dinner. :)

Brined Turkey.jpeg

Thats the way to do it!👍

Bought the same brine, mines IN and soakin it up

Mine takes the dunk in the morning. Recipes say 24 hrs max, is that the general consensus or does it matter that much?

Im gonna dunk mine Friday morning for a Saturday cook. Ive never brined one so i don't know.

No more than 24 hrs. You need to add more brine mixture for larger bird

I'm smokin something called Blue Dream.... OH WAIT, WHAT??? Ummm you mean Turkey? yeah yeah, that's what I meant
Don’t bogart that jo-nt!

Plan on 12+ lb packer brisket, 8lb boston butt and a 18lb turkey. I picked up Traeger turkey pellets w/brine kit. Will make burnt end and pulled pork. Big question is spatchcock or not to spatchcock. Ive never done a bird that way but might need to concerning time. Plan is to do the brisket and butt overnight in the Traeger then finish them in the oven or offset smoker. Then put the turkey on the T and finish around 4pm. Plan on starting Friday and finish on Saturday.
I vote spatchcock- great flavor and a quicker cook time! My husband and kids like the grilled meat flavor and are used to me cooking chicken this way so that’s what I’ll also be doing tomorrow. I only brine for about 12 hours (12# bird) and then I figure it should take 1 1/2 hours on the grill @ 275°- temp check at 165° in the breast and then let it sit for 30-40 min before slicing to maintain the juices... it will be delicious!

Have a 14#r in a brine solution I created last night buzzed up. Will spatchcock for my first time. Using hickory pellets and I'm not sure if I'll use meat church Voodoo, Honey, or gospel, open for suggestions. Not sure if the Voodoo will make it too spicy. I'll baste it with some high quality butter.
Green bean casserole, mashed & gravy, stove top!!, and Hawaiian rolls. Pumpkin pie w cool whip. Cakebread Chadonnay.

I love thanksgiving. Hope you all enjoy your cook today.

Got my Bella Tube extension on,

20201126_105812.jpg

20201126_105828.jpg

Got Smokin-it running good

20201126_114830.jpg

Got my Turkey on

20201126_120228.jpg

20201126_160448.jpg

Back