Traeger PRO 575 is a POS

Kaiiuken

Reaction score
Here is the story of my New Pro 575 that hands down is the biggest pos I have owned. I had an older Traeger Lil Tex and it was great. Figured it was time to upgrade so I got the 575. Right out of the box it was not working major temp issues. After a week of back n forth with customer service trying everything including wrapping the temp sensor in foil they were guessing I needed a new temp sensor (This was April). They said they were currently on back order and should be in stock in two weeks. As a sorry they were going to send me a couple rubs. A week later I got the rubs. Well a month had past and still no sensor so I called on May 31. The guy said they included the sensor with my rubs. I told him no sensor was in there and that I was told the sensor was on back order to be sent a week or two later. After more digging I got a “We’re really sorry” and we are going to expedite one to you right away. I asked if he was sure and to verify they had them in stock. His response was yes it’s going out. Well another week has past and still nothing. So I call Traeger naturally get a different rep and have to re hash the events above. She tells me sorry but the sensor is on backorder. So now I’ve had this POS for two months and it’s still not right. Now I’m asking for a return. Now they tell me they are escalating to a supervisor for a return but I have to wait up to an additional 48hrs for a call back. So I’ve had this thing for 2 months and it’s crap. They have no parts to fix from what I am reading is a problem a lot of people are having. But to make it worse they are guessing what the issue is. Hopefully I can finally return this POS and buy a Req Tec.

I’ve read a lot about temp problems. A few on here have mentioned doing a firmware update which I did this morning. I just got my 575 yesterday so haven’t Used it yet. I too have a lil Tex elite and thought I would upgrade. Hoping I didn’t make a big mistake. Doing burgers tomorrow so I guess I’ll find out then.

My Pro 575 works great. It is still off a bit on temp since the firmware upgrade but the temps are very close. Last night I set it to 400F to grill burgers and my Taylor oven thermometer showed about 380F. At the lower smoking temps (180F-225F) it’s even closer. I’m sure you will get everything resolved.

So after today I was informed that the buy back is not gonna happen. They also finally admitted the previous stories of the parts shipping were lies or as they referred to as mis-information. So now I’m being told another 2 weeks on parts. They are doing what they can to make right but 2 months is getting absurd. Guess we will see

So after today I was informed that the buy back is not gonna happen. They also finally admitted the previous stories of the parts shipping were lies or as they referred to as mis-information. So now I’m being told another 2 weeks on parts. They are doing what they can to make right but 2 months is getting absurd. Guess we will see
I personally think it’s an issue with the RTD. I had a look at the old Pro Series in Home Depot and the temp sensor is designed totally different. It’s much longer and points straight up vs. poking out. My theory is that hot air from the fire pot is swirling out from under the drip tray and is blowing directly onto the sensor causing a high reading. That’s why some people are having better results with the tin foil wrap, etc.

Were you able to get this going? With the new firmware updates I believe most of the problems with the 575 pro have been resolved.

Traeger finally got me going last month we ended up swapping out the temp probe and main unit. No issues since

That's good to hear. I bought my 575 shortly before officially released, and had temp issues. I hung on hoping for a resolution, and since the firmware updates, I've been really happy with the grill. Use it 3-4 times a week, have stopped using my external probe. Temps are good, food is great :)

Traeger finally got me going last month we ended up swapping out the temp probe and main unit. No issues since

Besides the temp prob what else did they replace for you? I’m curious because you said “main unit”

I am currently going through the temp issues myself. It took me a while to figure out that mine is 20* below what the temp is set for. I also picked up a WIFI thermometer and can monitor everything remotely so whatever the digital temp setting reads I can monitor what it is doing and adjust accordingly. Thus far Traeger has been quick and easy to communicate with and are sending out a new thermocoupler.

Latest Discussions

Back