Pro 575 fit with Series 22 Thermal Insulation Blanket

EssWill

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hi All!

I wanted to relate that I took a risk and ordered the Series 22 Thermal Blanket even though I have the Pro 575 -- hoping it might fit. The reason is that I live in Minnesota and in the winter it can get down to -65 degrees windchill -- I don't grill in those temps, but I do grill in 0 degree weather, and I was hoping to achieve 2 things with the Series 22 Blanket when grilling is super cold temps: 1) prevent the faster burn-through of the pellets 2) improved ability to maintain a steady temp.

As it turns out, it fits. NOTE: you do have to run the straps through the oval holes that are on the lower, rear leg-panel, but it fits and it works great!

Also, note that I have the fold-down front shelf and the blanket fits even with the shelf added.

If you live in a colder climate and have the 575, the Series 22 thermal insulation blanket might be something to consider.

Last edited:

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
Hi All!

I wanted to relate that I took a risk and ordered the Series 22 Thermal Blanket even though I have the Pro 575 -- hoping it might fit. The reason is that I live in Minnesota and in the winter it can get down to -65 degrees windchill -- I don't grill in those temps, but I do grill in 0 degree weather, and I was hoping to achieve 2 things with the Series 22 Blanket when grilling is super cold temps: 1) prevent the faster burn-through of the pellets 2) improved ability to maintain a steady temp.

As it turns out, it fits. NOTE: you do have to run the straps through the oval holes that are on the lower, rear leg-panel, but it fits and it works great!

Also, note that I have the fold-down front shelf and the blanket fits even with the shelf added.

If you live in a colder climate and have the 575, the Series 22 thermal insulation blanket might be something to consider.
That's great!

Hayden Slats

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hi All!

Any chance you can post a photo of the cover installed on your 525? Maybe a shot of how you routed the straps too....

SteveMilne40

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Pro 34, Ranger, tailgater, Pro 575, Texas Elite, bbq 150
Hi All!

thanks ... that’s great news - I’m in Alberta Canada and we run our traegers up to minus 40

cardfan629

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I know I am late to this post. Just bought the pro 575 last weekend and realized I needed the insulation blanket. Saw that the 22 series would work. Just received it today and went to go put it on and can’t figure out how the 3 hooks on the front cover are supposed to hook on? Any help with this would be much appreciated.