Pro 575 fit with Series 22 Thermal Insulation Blanket

EssWill

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hi All!

I wanted to relate that I took a risk and ordered the Series 22 Thermal Blanket even though I have the Pro 575 -- hoping it might fit. The reason is that I live in Minnesota and in the winter it can get down to -65 degrees windchill -- I don't grill in those temps, but I do grill in 0 degree weather, and I was hoping to achieve 2 things with the Series 22 Blanket when grilling is super cold temps: 1) prevent the faster burn-through of the pellets 2) improved ability to maintain a steady temp.

As it turns out, it fits. NOTE: you do have to run the straps through the oval holes that are on the lower, rear leg-panel, but it fits and it works great!

Also, note that I have the fold-down front shelf and the blanket fits even with the shelf added.

If you live in a colder climate and have the 575, the Series 22 thermal insulation blanket might be something to consider.

Last edited:
Hi All!

I wanted to relate that I took a risk and ordered the Series 22 Thermal Blanket even though I have the Pro 575 -- hoping it might fit. The reason is that I live in Minnesota and in the winter it can get down to -65 degrees windchill -- I don't grill in those temps, but I do grill in 0 degree weather, and I was hoping to achieve 2 things with the Series 22 Blanket when grilling is super cold temps: 1) prevent the faster burn-through of the pellets 2) improved ability to maintain a steady temp.

As it turns out, it fits. NOTE: you do have to run the straps through the oval holes that are on the lower, rear leg-panel, but it fits and it works great!

Also, note that I have the fold-down front shelf and the blanket fits even with the shelf added.

If you live in a colder climate and have the 575, the Series 22 thermal insulation blanket might be something to consider.
That's great!

Hi All!

Any chance you can post a photo of the cover installed on your 525? Maybe a shot of how you routed the straps too....

Hi All!

thanks ... that’s great news - I’m in Alberta Canada and we run our traegers up to minus 40

I didn't buy extension straps -- none needed if you thread the straps through the oval holes on the back panel. See pics here:

Attachments

• 20200107_081433.jpg
    20200107_081433.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200107_081422.jpg
    20200107_081422.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 135
I know I am late to this post. Just bought the pro 575 last weekend and realized I needed the insulation blanket. Saw that the 22 series would work. Just received it today and went to go put it on and can’t figure out how the 3 hooks on the front cover are supposed to hook on? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

All,
I just got off the phone with Traeger and I was told that they don't sell a insulation blanket for the 575 pro, they told me it should work fine, they also told me that they don't recommend using the the one for the pro 22, can you tell me your thoughts on this.

OKAY that doesn't make sense... YES the 22 works and fits the 575, they are almost the exact same size... Traeger "doesn't recommend" lots of things that are done anyway...
So they say "it should work fine" while at the same time saying "don't use the one for the 22" when they don't even MAKE ONE for the 575??? like I said, don't make sense to me so someone correct me if I'm wrong in thinking it's OK to use the 22 for the 575...

They say that the 575 pro has some kind of insulator built in, I find this hard to believe but I will test this out and see what happens once it gets cold here but I am still thinking about buying the other one.

NO, its a thin cheap layer of liner but only on part of the bottom area... has NOTHING to do with the lid... Seal your lid with a gasket and buy the blanket.

NO, its a thin cheap layer of liner but only on part of the bottom area... has NOTHING to do with the lid... Seal your lid with a gasket and buy the blanket.
What do you mean by seal the lid with a gasket please explain.

What do you mean by seal the lid with a gasket please explain.
Slimpicker is referring to a heat gasket. They are like a high temp felt with a pressure sensitive adhesive backing. You apply it to the inside edge of the lid to create a seal for keeping the heat in. I did it to mine and it really helps.

KAMaster High Temp Grill Gasket Replacement Fit Medium/Small/Mini Big Green Egg BBQ ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q72H122/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_1HxIFbKKY9THJ

Thanks, I will be ordering this today, I keep my grill in the garage and I bought the cover so I was not going to use it but I said forget that I bought so I will use it, I just put it on now and now I am looking for a brisket recipe that I will use tomorrow

Back