New Costco Silverton 810 - $1299

elementum

Reaction score
Grill
Renegade Elite 20, Silverton 810
Hopefully your local Costco and roadshow will have both. I've only been able to see the 620 and feel that it suits me just fine. But will determine this weekend whether I get the 620 or the 810. I will provide updates as soon as I've made a decision.

MSR

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
So my Costco had the 575 there that was 1099.99 and they also had the Silverton 810 that’s what I used to base the price for the 810 off of I got those extra features that the 575 didn’t have plus the bigger growing space So for the $300 and the features and the extra grilling space to me was worth it

SKMyatt

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 620
Just bought the 620 and love it so far. From what I understand, the Super Smoke function (which mine doesn’t have) is similar to just putting the temp at 170 anyway, the button just makes it a tad more convenient. Also, I could not hook mine up to my WiFi successfully unit l separated my 2.4 ghz signal and 5 ghz signal from my router (a tip I read elsewhere). That was a pain, as it was locked on my router from the factory, so a Comcast tech actually had to come out to separate the signals. Despite the Wifire being a new option, it doesn’t play well with a mixed signal. Well worth the effort, because the Wifire/Traeger app is super convenient..

Sam-B-B-Q

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Can anyone tell me what the Item Number is for the Silverton 810 at Costco? Maybe I need to have them look it up and tell me what store I can find it. All I am seeing currently is the new 2020 Silverton 620 with the new WiFire and D2 driver (Item 1902248).
I just bought my 810 last weekend. Costco item # is 1419645. Came with spices but no pellets. I may go back to grab some pellets. They didn't have a cover and said they would mail me one and I would get it in 2 days. I bought it on 3/1/20 and have not received it yet and it's 3-6-20. I have no doubt COSTCO will make it happen for me after a visit.

elementum

Reaction score
Grill
Renegade Elite 20, Silverton 810
@caber2615 so I reviewed the Silverton 620 next to the 810, and there really isn't anything different than what you already described. So if those additional things are not something you are looking for, then the 620 is a perfect smoker.
I opted for the larger and purchased the 810. The extra smoke option on the larger control board is pretty much the same as the smoke setting on the others that is at a lower temperature. However, supposedly you can use super smoke at higher temperatures and get the same result.
There are small few more things you can do with the bigger control board, and like you said for $80 more you can add the pellet sensor to the 620.

Hopefully this helps you.

jonjones88

Reaction score
Grill
Elite
Roadshow is going on at our local Costco in GA, no 810 anywhere in sight. The lady told me the 620 had the pellet sensor, so I wish they would hire people that actually know their products they are selling.

Bob

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Hopefully your local Costco and roadshow will have both. I've only been able to see the 620 and feel that it suits me just fine. But will determine this weekend whether I get the 620 or the 810. I will provide updates as soon as I've made a decision.

Bob

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Just purchased Silverton 810 at Costco last Friday. Started to assemble that’s when it happened, the bottom tray has a metal extension to drop the door in. Then you seat the top of door with a pin that is on a spring hinge, release it and the top door hinge seats in the bottom of grill. Not mine it was mfg backwards. The door has no magnet on bottom. I have spent 8 hours on the phone and on hold with 3 different reps you get disconnected and no body calls you back. They promised to get supervisor involved and call back the next day that never happened twice.
Found out from BBB and consumer affairs that they are notorious for that. So here I am with unit laying on its back after trying to assemble and disassemble 3 times. They told me they were sending new unit but haven’t been contacted with delivery status.
Considering a camp chef

Bob

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Just purchased Silverton 810 at Costco last Friday. Started to assemble that’s when it happened, the bottom tray has a metal extension to drop the door in. Then you seat the top of door with a pin that is on a spring hinge, release it and the top door hinge seats in the bottom of grill. Not mine it was mfg backwards. The door has no magnet on bottom. I have spent 8 hours on the phone and on hold with 3 different reps you get disconnected and no body calls you back. They promised to get supervisor involved and call back the next day that never happened twice.
Found out from BBB and consumer affairs that they are notorious for that. So here I am with unit laying on its back after trying to assemble and disassemble 3 times. They told me they were sending new unit but haven’t been contacted with delivery status.
Considering a camp chef
Some faith restored my new Silverton 810 arrives tomorrow let’s hope they sent me a unit that was built correctly. I will say yes they are very slow getting back but I feel better now!

Bob

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Some faith restored my new Silverton 810 arrives tomorrow let’s hope they sent me a unit that was built correctly. I will say yes they are very slow getting back but I feel better now!
Just made 1 st meal ,rack of ribs. Came out off the bone deliciousness. Unit stayed in temp range even with some high wind gusts. The 810 did well!!

syoung1954

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton
I have the 620 purchased in November love how it smokes but when on high have had multiple grease fires, having a hard time with response from Treager understand that they are probably short staffed due to what’s going on but at least some kind of response would be nice, the drip tray is warped and where grease drips into trough then to bucket it’s high in the center so grease builds up in front then a fire, either a design flaw or I just got a mistake, hopefully they will correct, glad I bought at Costco

Attachments

HOT BBQ Tonight

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
I've had my 810 for quite a while now, love it. It hits 500 easily, holds temp well even in the winter, love the super smoke setting. My first Traeger and I'm hooked.

OP
OP
A

abjrjrm

Reaction score
Grill
Costco Silverton 810
Same here. Extremely pleased with this unit .....

isaiahfranco

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Does anyone know what drip tray liners the Silverton 810 uses? Traeger lists one for the Silverton but I think they're for the 620.

OP
OP
A

abjrjrm

Reaction score
Grill
Costco Silverton 810
I ordered these from Amazon. Slightly larger, but work fine for the 810.
Traeger BAC521 Liner 5 Pack-Ironwood 885 Grill Drip Tray

CDubs

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Hi! My husband is getting the Silverton 810 delivered and with his birthday coming up, I wanted to buy him a custom grill grate to fit in it. I called Traeger to get the actual dimensions and they only gave me cubic square inches.
Does anyone happen to know the length and width of the grill grate.
http://etsy.me/2jNdTVR

isaiahfranco

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Hi! My husband is getting the Silverton 810 delivered and with his birthday coming up, I wanted to buy him a custom grill grate to fit in it. I called Traeger to get the actual dimensions and they only gave me cubic square inches.
Does anyone happen to know the length and width of the grill grate.
http://etsy.me/2jNdTVR
There are two grates. Each are 15-1/2” W x 17-3/4” D. If you’re looking to replace the entire cooking surface, the opening is 31-1/2” W x 18” D.

Latest Discussions