New Costco Silverton 810 - $1299

We Picked one up Last Monday, Still in the car as i can't lift that much right now. We can't wait to try it out as we have been looking at them for years and finally decided to take the plunge, payed 1299.99, received some spices and a cover...... I think we should have got something ells with it but I guess the guy forgot.

Got it at the Redwood City CA. Costco 2-24-2020 grill/smoker show

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2203.jpeg
    IMG_2203.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 304
inside the box you will find the cookbook and probe. last night i tested the probe and in the corner of the lid is a bumper that keeps the lid lifted up just enough for the probe lead to pass without pinching the lead. should work just fine without causing a hot spot.

Reactions: G&A
$699 for the 620 and $1,299 for the 810. Is super smoke, pellet sensor, and the additional size really worth $600? Are there other features I'm missing?

I'm heading to the roadshow at the local Costco this weekend and trying to decide what one to buy. Seems like the 620 gives most of the features at a much better price point.

Thoughts?

$699 for the 620 and $1,299 for the 810. Is super smoke, pellet sensor, and the additional size really worth $600? Are there other features I'm missing?

I'm heading to the roadshow at the local Costco this weekend and trying to decide what one to buy. Seems like the 620 gives most of the features at a much better price point.

Thoughts?

I'm actually doing the same this weekend and driving 45-minutes away from my closest Costco so that I can compare the 2 side-by-side.
Supposedly the 810 has more internal insulation and a pellet sensor that's not found on the 620. Plus the additional options you stated. But that is all I have been able to determine.

I'm actually doing the same this weekend and driving 45-minutes away from my closest Costco so that I can compare the 2 side-by-side.
Supposedly the 810 has more internal installation and a pellet sensor that's not found on the 620. Plus the additional options you stated.
Yea, just curious if that's worth $600. You can buy a pellet sensor for $80 (not sure how well they work) and my understanding is super smoke is not really noticable. I'm not in need to the additional room the 810 has.

I'm interested to hear your take after you compare the two

Reactions: G&A
Hopefully your local Costco and roadshow will have both. I've only been able to see the 620 and feel that it suits me just fine. But will determine this weekend whether I get the 620 or the 810. I will provide updates as soon as I've made a decision.

So my Costco had the 575 there that was 1099.99 and they also had the Silverton 810 that’s what I used to base the price for the 810 off of I got those extra features that the 575 didn’t have plus the bigger growing space So for the $300 and the features and the extra grilling space to me was worth it

Just bought the 620 and love it so far. From what I understand, the Super Smoke function (which mine doesn’t have) is similar to just putting the temp at 170 anyway, the button just makes it a tad more convenient. Also, I could not hook mine up to my WiFi successfully unit l separated my 2.4 ghz signal and 5 ghz signal from my router (a tip I read elsewhere). That was a pain, as it was locked on my router from the factory, so a Comcast tech actually had to come out to separate the signals. Despite the Wifire being a new option, it doesn’t play well with a mixed signal. Well worth the effort, because the Wifire/Traeger app is super convenient..

Can anyone tell me what the Item Number is for the Silverton 810 at Costco? Maybe I need to have them look it up and tell me what store I can find it. All I am seeing currently is the new 2020 Silverton 620 with the new WiFire and D2 driver (Item 1902248).
I just bought my 810 last weekend. Costco item # is 1419645. Came with spices but no pellets. I may go back to grab some pellets. They didn't have a cover and said they would mail me one and I would get it in 2 days. I bought it on 3/1/20 and have not received it yet and it's 3-6-20. I have no doubt COSTCO will make it happen for me after a visit.

@caber2615 so I reviewed the Silverton 620 next to the 810, and there really isn't anything different than what you already described. So if those additional things are not something you are looking for, then the 620 is a perfect smoker.
I opted for the larger and purchased the 810. The extra smoke option on the larger control board is pretty much the same as the smoke setting on the others that is at a lower temperature. However, supposedly you can use super smoke at higher temperatures and get the same result.
There are small few more things you can do with the bigger control board, and like you said for $80 more you can add the pellet sensor to the 620.

Hopefully this helps you.

Roadshow is going on at our local Costco in GA, no 810 anywhere in sight. The lady told me the 620 had the pellet sensor, so I wish they would hire people that actually know their products they are selling.

Hopefully your local Costco and roadshow will have both. I've only been able to see the 620 and feel that it suits me just fine. But will determine this weekend whether I get the 620 or the 810. I will provide updates as soon as I've made a decision.

Just purchased Silverton 810 at Costco last Friday. Started to assemble that’s when it happened, the bottom tray has a metal extension to drop the door in. Then you seat the top of door with a pin that is on a spring hinge, release it and the top door hinge seats in the bottom of grill. Not mine it was mfg backwards. The door has no magnet on bottom. I have spent 8 hours on the phone and on hold with 3 different reps you get disconnected and no body calls you back. They promised to get supervisor involved and call back the next day that never happened twice.
Found out from BBB and consumer affairs that they are notorious for that. So here I am with unit laying on its back after trying to assemble and disassemble 3 times. They told me they were sending new unit but haven’t been contacted with delivery status.
Considering a camp chef

Just purchased Silverton 810 at Costco last Friday. Started to assemble that’s when it happened, the bottom tray has a metal extension to drop the door in. Then you seat the top of door with a pin that is on a spring hinge, release it and the top door hinge seats in the bottom of grill. Not mine it was mfg backwards. The door has no magnet on bottom. I have spent 8 hours on the phone and on hold with 3 different reps you get disconnected and no body calls you back. They promised to get supervisor involved and call back the next day that never happened twice.
Found out from BBB and consumer affairs that they are notorious for that. So here I am with unit laying on its back after trying to assemble and disassemble 3 times. They told me they were sending new unit but haven’t been contacted with delivery status.
Considering a camp chef
Some faith restored my new Silverton 810 arrives tomorrow let’s hope they sent me a unit that was built correctly. I will say yes they are very slow getting back but I feel better now!

Some faith restored my new Silverton 810 arrives tomorrow let’s hope they sent me a unit that was built correctly. I will say yes they are very slow getting back but I feel better now!
Just made 1 st meal ,rack of ribs. Came out off the bone deliciousness. Unit stayed in temp range even with some high wind gusts. The 810 did well!!

Latest Discussions

Back