New B&B Texas Smokehouse Post Oak Pellets

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I was at HEB over the weekend and noticed B&B is now offering Post Oak Pellets! Has anyone tried these? Post up your reviews and thoughts!

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
Thanks for the heads up! At $11.87 a bag, it's hard to beat, though Buc-ees will at $9.99 for Hickory & Mesquite.

B&B changed their packaging, but when H-E-B started carrying them, I could not help myself. :)

Walleye Hunter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
What is 'Post Oak'? I use premium hardwood woodstove pellets @$6.50/40 lb bag and I'm good with them.

FieldMedic

Reaction score
Grill
BBQ 070
Just got into the B&B brand... I’ve been looking for a solid Oak pellet. B&B tends to have a faithful following... Looking Forward To Smokin Em!

FieldMedic

Reaction score
Grill
BBQ 070
What is 'Post Oak'? I use premium hardwood woodstove pellets @$6.50/40 lb bag and I'm good with them.

Post Oak is considered a hardwood in the Oak family. A lot of people use splits of Oak & Red Oak (stronger flavor) in stick burners or offsets for anything from beef to fish and pizzas...post oak tends to be milder than Red Oak . I would compare Post Oak to Pecan...Its not as strong as Hickory or Mesquite..

You mentioned using Premium Hardwood “STOVE” pellets... Are these particular “STOVE” pellets food grade?

Last edited:

Latest Discussions