New B&B Texas Smokehouse Post Oak Pellets

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
I was at HEB over the weekend and noticed B&B is now offering Post Oak Pellets! Has anyone tried these? Post up your reviews and thoughts!

Academy Sports carries B&B brand. Good price too. Will have to try

Thanks for the heads up! At $11.87 a bag, it's hard to beat, though Buc-ees will at $9.99 for Hickory & Mesquite.

B&B changed their packaging, but when H-E-B started carrying them, I could not help myself. :)

What is 'Post Oak'? I use premium hardwood woodstove pellets @$6.50/40 lb bag and I'm good with them.

Just got into the B&B brand... I’ve been looking for a solid Oak pellet. B&B tends to have a faithful following... Looking Forward To Smokin Em!

What is 'Post Oak'? I use premium hardwood woodstove pellets @$6.50/40 lb bag and I'm good with them.

Post Oak is considered a hardwood in the Oak family. A lot of people use splits of Oak & Red Oak (stronger flavor) in stick burners or offsets for anything from beef to fish and pizzas...post oak tends to be milder than Red Oak . I would compare Post Oak to Pecan...Its not as strong as Hickory or Mesquite..

You mentioned using Premium Hardwood “STOVE” pellets... Are these particular “STOVE” pellets food grade?

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back