My grill went to sleep mode

The technician I talked to said, "it looks like you opened the grill twice during the cook". Is he getting that information from the firmware that may record temp changes? Once I get and install the new power supply I will let you know the results.

I’ve kinda thought that our cooks somehow are being tracked, or in reality from our Wi-Fi. China definitely doesn’t need Tic Tok or weather balloons to keep up with us, they’ve made our electronics for years!

Update- I called Traeger- (awesome that they answered on Sunday am) They believe it is power switch and are sending a new one. Apparently shutting down mid cook is tell tale sign that switch is going bad. We will see if that fixes problem. Interesting that the tech was able to pull up my grille on-line and see all the cook and shut down history times, temps et...
It won't. They're full of shit. It's an app/firmware update they pushed out recently. Let me guess... You use an Android device with your grill?

The technician I talked to said, "it looks like you opened the grill twice during the cook". Is he getting that information from the firmware that may record temp changes? Once I get and install the new power supply I will let you know the results.
You by any chance using the android app?

This happened to me on the same grill as you, This thing was running like a swiss watch for 2 years, then i get a new WiFi access point so i have a better connection for my grill. I wipe out the my old WiFi name, link up the new WiFi to the grill, it does it's update gives me newest firmware (02-02-03 i think) and BAM, this thing shuts off 4 times in a 4 hour time period. I KNOW FOR A FACT it's the firmware because I have owned the grill for 2 year and when i called Trager the said "don't worry your cover because your grill is only 2 days old"

??? WHAT???

So they had me go thru some steps and THEY determined that my power switch is bad (bullsh!t). I installed the new switch and ran it for 3-4 hours never shut off BUT>>>>>> I lost control of the grill via the app, wouldn't do anything temp up/down, shut down, nothing. I still don't trust this thing, now that the new firmware is on it. Traeger has turned something that was fun and enjoyable for me to do in to i'm a mechanic and replacing parts on a 2 year old grill that was working just fine until they had and go finger F the firmware and make this thing a useful boobs on a bull.

Might be time to wheel this thing to the end of the curb and buy something better

man i'm DISAPOINTED.
Guessing you're using an android?

The two times mine has done this were on cooks over 2 hours. No issues on short cooks.
I also started having this issue today and I've never had the issue in the past. Goes into sleep mode at random. Tried different wall outlets as well. SW Version is 02.02.03 Config Ver: 09.2005 UUID: E8EB1B491BA7 BLD: 20220201.172316

The two times mine has done this were on cooks over 2 hours. No issues on short co

I also started having this issue today and I've never had the issue in the past. Goes into sleep mode at random. Tried different wall outlets as well. SW Version is 02.02.03 Config Ver: 09.2005 UUID: E8EB1B491BA7 BLD: 20220201.172316
Check the link below. Someone posted a link to older versions of the Android app. I haven't tried yet, but I'm guessing running app 3.1.1 will solve the problem until they send out the next app update.

I had the same issue yesterday!
Traeger Pro 575, FW 02.02.03 and App 3.1.2
After about 1 hour the device went to sleep. Restarted it (used another wall outlet) and after 1 hour it was sleeping again.
This time I noticed a very "laggy" response on the temperature dial, so I unplugged it again.
Next sleep was after 30 minutes, the next one less than 5 minutes.
I finished my Meatloaf in the kitchen.
Last week (May, 1st) I cooked some chicken breasts and salmon filets with a total running time of maybe 45 minutes (less than 60 mins including preheating) without problems, but the app must already have been 3.1.2 ...
In January I had some pork tenderloin (2-3 hours) without problems, that must have been App 3.0.6.
Next weekend we will have Brisket, I already installed App 3.1.1 and deactivated auto updates, in two weeks there is Pastrami scheduled with two good friends. I hope we find a solution ...

Update- I called Traeger- (awesome that they answered on Sunday am) They believe it is power switch and are sending a new one. Apparently shutting down mid cook is tell tale sign that switch is going bad. We will see if that fixes problem. Interesting that the tech was able to pull up my grille on-line and see all the cook and shut down history times, temps et...
Did that work? They sent me one too,, but wanted to know your results before I install it.

I have same problem in a mew ironwood 650 , traeger don't give any answer???

It seems that they found a solution, a new app version was released:

Can confirm app version 3.1.3 on android fixed the problem for me: 10 hrs now on brisket and no problems at all.

Latest Discussions

Back