Help! Gray Food!

kodriscoll

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 570
I have noticed this since day one of getting my grill. When we cook anything at the higher temperatures--i.e. grilled chicken, pizza, etc--the food ends up gray color. Meaning there is a gray smoky layer. I have made sure everything on the Traeger is clean. I'm using Traeger pellets. Has anyone else encountered this?

Walleye Hunter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I can't say that I have that problem, have any pics?

OP
OP
K

kodriscoll

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 570
I can't say that I have that problem, have any pics?
Thanks for the response. I don't have any pictures. Next time I will take some. Just getting ready to smoke some things this weekend. I remember this problem from the past and thought I would ask beforehand.

Walleye Hunter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Are you sure your temps are right? It took me a few cooks to wake up to the fact that my temps are 20* lower than the set temp.

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I have noticed this since day one of getting my grill. When we cook anything at the higher temperatures--i.e. grilled chicken, pizza, etc--the food ends up gray color. Meaning there is a gray smoky layer. I have made sure everything on the Traeger is clean. I'm using Traeger pellets. Has anyone else encountered this?
First of all, WELCOME!

What temps are you cooking at? I've done a ton of Pizza's on my Ironwood and they have come out great. For chicken, you might want to add grill grates to get more of a grill like look to them.

Check out this thread: https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/how-to-“beautify”-chicken-breasts.546/

Jair

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline
I'm having the same issue I've been cooking on traeger's for 4 years now and almost a year on my timberline. Recently everything I cook in it no matter the temperature turns gray. Everything tastes fine it just looks really bad. I have extensively cleaned it multiple times.

Latest Discussions