Fireboard 2

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
not only is each rig different but the inside of your rig varies by up to 25°F from side to side... so you would need to learn your internal also
Agreed, i found out this weekend. That mine was not more then 8*f left to right.

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I tried a Pizza on the Traeger last night Fireboard w/ 2 Ambient probes one on the far left top and one on the far right top (next to the Traeger Probe) the one next to the Traeger probe was with in 2-3 degrees of the Traeger probe (Traeger at 450 FB@ 452) better than expected... However the one on the left had almost a 50 Degree difference (Traeger at 450 FB@ 498). I am thinking I may want another Fan to increase the air circulation....

Thoughts anyone....

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I tried a Pizza on the Traeger last night Fireboard w/ 2 Ambient probes one on the far left top and one on the far right top (next to the Traeger Probe) the one next to the Traeger probe was with in 2-3 degrees of the Traeger probe (Traeger at 450 FB@ 452) better than expected... However the one on the left had almost a 50 Degree difference (Traeger at 450 FB@ 498). I am thinking I may want another Fan to increase the air circulation....

Thoughts anyone....
Timberlines are for sure hot on the left side, the fan blows from right, into the firepot and apparently just can't totally circulate the heat back to the right side. I have considered hanging a baffle plate off of the firepot cover, on the left side but I can tell you, the left side under the drip pan is blast furnace hot. In my insulation projects on the grill I found that it handily melts thick aluminum into puddles.

Installing a circ fan inside would be an interesting challenge, hmmm, motor outside, non melt-able metal fan blades inside.

Over time I have embraced the hot side, keep 2 GrillGrate panels there for searing. For pizza, I picked up a super thick and heavy (and I mean heavy!) "Pizza Steel" which provides an even heating surface.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Ok, I've got a question. Could you use the fireboard to monitor 2 cooks at the same time in 2 different cookers? 3 probes in 1 and 3 in the other. Say 1 ambient and 2 food probes per cooker?

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Sure thing, and you can label each probe from your phone.
I thought maybe you could. But i thought asking someone wiser than me to confim would be best.

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Ok, I've got a question. Could you use the fireboard to monitor 2 cooks at the same time in 2 different cookers? 3 probes in 1 and 3 in the other. Say 1 ambient and 2 food probes per cooker?
Yes, definitely can be done. I used it on my Traeger and Kamado to do two briskets. I have a Fireboard2 Drive and used the drive to maintain the temperature in the Kamado
You can see both on the graphs I posted in the thread above.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Yes, definitely can be done. I used it on my Traeger and Kamado to do two briskets. I have a Fireboard2 Drive and used the drive to maintain the temperature in the Kamado
You can see both on the graphs I posted in the thread above.
Thats freakin sweet!

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Well finally heard back from Fireboard. The CS rep. Apologized for the delayed response back. I gave the Fireboard excellent praise. They are sending me free hat!

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Yes I agree, Traeger could take a lesson from Fireboard... I have found Fireboard's CS is top notch...

Walleye Hunter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I use meat probes for ambient when I need it and it works fine and I just put my fireboard inside my pellet box and that works fine too. I just leave it in there when not in use.

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
I put heavy duty Velcro on the back and mounted it under the front shelf, stays dry and have access to the buttons and place to plug in the probes....

Latest Discussions