Fireboard 2

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
Bottom line is, they are a down to earth local business that take their product and their customers seriously>>> This is a rare thing during this upsidedown culture of ours.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I agree, they are about 3hrs from me. Seams like they are a fairly small company and fairly new. I hope they got my email in time but even if they didnt. Im excited to get it and try it this weekend.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Well Fireboard didn't get my email on time. So i recieved what i originally ordered. Im just gonna go with it . It'll work for what i want to do. :)

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Well Fireboard didn't get my email on time. So i recieved what i originally ordered. Im just gonna go with it . It'll work for what i want to do. :)
I think you'll be satisfied with what was sent.
I may order a couple competition probes at a later date, but I am satisfied with the ones I have.

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
The stock probes are fine, I just passed the connector thru the side port instead of the probe, especially if I had a few probes in. It's a bit dicey when the grill is really hot to pass things thru the smallish port, but do-able.

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze

Like I said Timmy, get a spare $17 here or there and order the comp probes, you're fixed for life

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Like I said Timmy, get a spare $17 here or there and order the comp probes, you're fixed for life
Yep, got 8 probes total now. Havent even used it yet. Got it all set up for the weekend. Thinkin im a gonna have to get the magnetic base though, kinda slick addition. Now the only question is........what am i gonna fix!!!

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
Yep, got 8 probes total now. Havent even used it yet. Got it all set up for the weekend. Thinkin im a gonna have to get the magnetic base though, kinda slick addition. Now the only question is........what am i gonna fix!!!
Meat birthday cake? 😎

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
1602434058958.png

THNX for the idea Timmy

20201011_112017.jpg

RoadRunner18

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300; Pitts and Spitts Maverick 2000
Received my FireBoard 2 yesterday and did a cook today using a food and ambient probe. So much better than the Traeger built-in probe which had to be recalibrated at the start of each cook. Set the grate clip with the ambient probe between two meats. I didn't realize the actual temp of my Timberline 1300 was approximately 10 degrees from what the grill reads.

I will now use the FireBoard 2 on all my cooks

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Received my FireBoard 2 yesterday and did a cook today using a food and ambient probe. So much better than the Traeger built-in probe which had to be recalibrated at the start of each cook. Set the grate clip with the ambient probe between two meats. I didn't realize the actual temp of my Timberline 1300 was approximately 10 degrees from what the grill reads.

I will now use the FireBoard 2 on all my cooks
How do you re-calibrate the timberline grill probe ( not the meat probe the grill probe), I just updated to a 1300. I have a FireBoard 2...

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
How do you re-calibrate the timberline grill probe ( not the meat probe the grill probe), I just updated to a 1300. I have a FireBoard 2...
Unfortunately you can not recalibrate the grill temp probe. I have had my Pro 780 since June this year and last week purchased the Fireboard 2. Other members on the site have recommended making a map of what the grill reads and what the Fireboard reads . Then set temp to said map on the grill and use the Fireboard for actual temp. I havent done this yet but am going to soon. So far my grill reads 20 to 30 degrees off. 325f on grill is 300f on Fireboard. I wold think that Taeger could do better than this.

RoadRunner18

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300; Pitts and Spitts Maverick 2000
I wasn't referring to recalibrating the ambient temperature grill probe. I was referring to the meat probe that plugs into the control unit. The Meat probe needs to be recalibrated before each cook in order to get a close food temperature reading on my 1300

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I wasn't referring to recalibrating the ambient temperature grill probe. I was referring to the meat probe that plugs into the control unit. The Meat probe needs to be recalibrated before each cook in order to get a close food temperature reading on my 1300
Lol. Ok , best answer is what im doing. Dont use it, use the Fireboard.

Last edited:

John S.

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
So it sounds like we still need a Temperature map to get the Grill to run at the temperature that we set it to (Yes I really want 165 or 350. The problem is Non Linearity....

Slimpicker

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
So it sounds like we still need a Temperature map to get the Grill to run at the temperature that we set it to (Yes I really want 165 or 350. The problem is Non Linearity....
not only is each rig different but the inside of your rig varies by up to 25°F from side to side... so you would need to learn your internal also

Latest Discussions