Fireboard 2

Reading this feed has peaked my interest in the Fireboard. The last few cooks seem to have been too hot, with my regular Traeger probe firing off on the set temp way before the estimated cook time. Question; do ya'll order directly from the company and their website, or is there a reseller you prefer to use?

I use my IW650 about 3-4 times a week, so this may be a good investment.

Reading this feed has peaked my interest in the Fireboard. The last few cooks seem to have been too hot, with my regular Traeger probe firing off on the set temp way before the estimated cook time. Question; do ya'll order directly from the company and their website, or is there a reseller you prefer to use?

I use my IW650 about 3-4 times a week, so this may be a good investment.
Order Direct, do consider requesting substitution with Competition Probes, much better to work with.

Question; do ya'll order directly from the company and their website, or is there a reseller you prefer to use?

I ordered the Gen 1 unit directly from Fireboard in Feb 2018. They were very responsive in answering a couple questions.

I emailed Fireboard on Friday, competition probes do not have ambient probes. The tech said that the Extreme probe have 1 ambient and 4 regular meat probes. So that would make 6 meat probes and 2 ambient.
I called FireBoard and asked for a order with the competition probes and 2 ambient probes ( do the subtraction at the factory...)
So I bought the fire board2 and the competition pack , wrote a note on the order and they removed the 2 short probes and gave me 49 credit on the order...

Bottom line is, they are a down to earth local business that take their product and their customers seriously>>> This is a rare thing during this upsidedown culture of ours.

I agree, they are about 3hrs from me. Seams like they are a fairly small company and fairly new. I hope they got my email in time but even if they didnt. Im excited to get it and try it this weekend.

Well Fireboard didn't get my email on time. So i recieved what i originally ordered. Im just gonna go with it . It'll work for what i want to do. :)

Well Fireboard didn't get my email on time. So i recieved what i originally ordered. Im just gonna go with it . It'll work for what i want to do. :)
I think you'll be satisfied with what was sent.
I may order a couple competition probes at a later date, but I am satisfied with the ones I have.

The stock probes are fine, I just passed the connector thru the side port instead of the probe, especially if I had a few probes in. It's a bit dicey when the grill is really hot to pass things thru the smallish port, but do-able.

Like I said Timmy, get a spare $17 here or there and order the comp probes, you're fixed for life

Like I said Timmy, get a spare $17 here or there and order the comp probes, you're fixed for life
Yep, got 8 probes total now. Havent even used it yet. Got it all set up for the weekend. Thinkin im a gonna have to get the magnetic base though, kinda slick addition. Now the only question is........what am i gonna fix!!!

Yep, got 8 probes total now. Havent even used it yet. Got it all set up for the weekend. Thinkin im a gonna have to get the magnetic base though, kinda slick addition. Now the only question is........what am i gonna fix!!!
Meat birthday cake? ?

Meat birthday cake? ?
That would be so cool, maybe someday. Im thinkin burnt ends as ive never done them.

Got the fireboard all set up for todays cook. We'll see how it all plays out. So far it kinda neat!!!

Attachments

• 20201010_072722.jpg
    20201010_072722.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 90
  • 20201010_072728.jpg
    20201010_072728.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 87
Back