Fireboard 2

Just thought it put this up as its my 1st cook using it. Was awesome!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201010-195752_FireBoard.jpg
    Screenshot_20201010-195752_FireBoard.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 49
1602434058958.png

THNX for the idea Timmy

20201011_112017.jpg

Received my FireBoard 2 yesterday and did a cook today using a food and ambient probe. So much better than the Traeger built-in probe which had to be recalibrated at the start of each cook. Set the grate clip with the ambient probe between two meats. I didn't realize the actual temp of my Timberline 1300 was approximately 10 degrees from what the grill reads.

I will now use the FireBoard 2 on all my cooks

Attachments

• 20201011_174937.jpg
    20201011_174937.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 47
Received my FireBoard 2 yesterday and did a cook today using a food and ambient probe. So much better than the Traeger built-in probe which had to be recalibrated at the start of each cook. Set the grate clip with the ambient probe between two meats. I didn't realize the actual temp of my Timberline 1300 was approximately 10 degrees from what the grill reads.

I will now use the FireBoard 2 on all my cooks
How do you re-calibrate the timberline grill probe ( not the meat probe the grill probe), I just updated to a 1300. I have a FireBoard 2...

How do you re-calibrate the timberline grill probe ( not the meat probe the grill probe), I just updated to a 1300. I have a FireBoard 2...
Unfortunately you can not recalibrate the grill temp probe. I have had my Pro 780 since June this year and last week purchased the Fireboard 2. Other members on the site have recommended making a map of what the grill reads and what the Fireboard reads . Then set temp to said map on the grill and use the Fireboard for actual temp. I havent done this yet but am going to soon. So far my grill reads 20 to 30 degrees off. 325f on grill is 300f on Fireboard. I wold think that Taeger could do better than this.

I wasn't referring to recalibrating the ambient temperature grill probe. I was referring to the meat probe that plugs into the control unit. The Meat probe needs to be recalibrated before each cook in order to get a close food temperature reading on my 1300

I wasn't referring to recalibrating the ambient temperature grill probe. I was referring to the meat probe that plugs into the control unit. The Meat probe needs to be recalibrated before each cook in order to get a close food temperature reading on my 1300
Lol. Ok , best answer is what im doing. Dont use it, use the Fireboard.

Last edited:
So it sounds like we still need a Temperature map to get the Grill to run at the temperature that we set it to (Yes I really want 165 or 350. The problem is Non Linearity....

So it sounds like we still need a Temperature map to get the Grill to run at the temperature that we set it to (Yes I really want 165 or 350. The problem is Non Linearity....

not only is each rig different but the inside of your rig varies by up to 25°F from side to side... so you would need to learn your internal also

not only is each rig different but the inside of your rig varies by up to 25°F from side to side... so you would need to learn your internal also
Agreed, i found out this weekend. That mine was not more then 8*f left to right.

I tried a Pizza on the Traeger last night Fireboard w/ 2 Ambient probes one on the far left top and one on the far right top (next to the Traeger Probe) the one next to the Traeger probe was with in 2-3 degrees of the Traeger probe (Traeger at 450 FB@ 452) better than expected... However the one on the left had almost a 50 Degree difference (Traeger at 450 FB@ 498). I am thinking I may want another Fan to increase the air circulation....

Thoughts anyone....

I tried a Pizza on the Traeger last night Fireboard w/ 2 Ambient probes one on the far left top and one on the far right top (next to the Traeger Probe) the one next to the Traeger probe was with in 2-3 degrees of the Traeger probe (Traeger at 450 FB@ 452) better than expected... However the one on the left had almost a 50 Degree difference (Traeger at 450 FB@ 498). I am thinking I may want another Fan to increase the air circulation....

Thoughts anyone....
Timberlines are for sure hot on the left side, the fan blows from right, into the firepot and apparently just can't totally circulate the heat back to the right side. I have considered hanging a baffle plate off of the firepot cover, on the left side but I can tell you, the left side under the drip pan is blast furnace hot. In my insulation projects on the grill I found that it handily melts thick aluminum into puddles.

Installing a circ fan inside would be an interesting challenge, hmmm, motor outside, non melt-able metal fan blades inside.

Over time I have embraced the hot side, keep 2 GrillGrate panels there for searing. For pizza, I picked up a super thick and heavy (and I mean heavy!) "Pizza Steel" which provides an even heating surface.

Ok, I've got a question. Could you use the fireboard to monitor 2 cooks at the same time in 2 different cookers? 3 probes in 1 and 3 in the other. Say 1 ambient and 2 food probes per cooker?

Latest Discussions

Back