Failed to download certificate files

Sirmol

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Anyone had this error when trying to repair their Traeger after update? My grill says version 2 but I can’t seem to get it to talk to my iPhone. When I forget the grill, delete the app, reset Wi-Fi etc it throws that error above

Your grill has failed to download certificate files

No I have a bt mech network but it joined without issues last time

Anyone had this error when trying to repair their Traeger after update? My grill says version 2 but I can’t seem to get it to talk to my iPhone. When I forget the grill, delete the app, reset Wi-Fi etc it throws that error above

Your grill has failed to download certificate files
Same happened to me today. My 575 has been working perfect. The update loaded today and no it will not connect and the certificates can’t be loaded error. Super frustrating.

I just had same issue on my Pro 780. First thought it was because I had a new router with same SSID / wifi password. So I deleted the grill and tried to add it. After scanning QR code on grill and entering SSID password for wifi, it joins the SSID name, then says both on the phone and grill menu, downloading files but then switches to the "Traegar Grill XXXX" network and gets the error failed to download certificates.

Also, I see on Jan 15th the email below was sent by Traeger, coincidence my grill didn't connect and then i couldn't get the files to update?

Dear Traeger Customer,

We have important information regarding your WiFIRE connected grill. We have upgraded our WiFIRE platform to support future enhancements and provide a better user experience.

To ensure your grill connects to the new platform, please take the following steps:

1. If you don’t have the Traeger App installed, download the Traeger App from the iTunes app store or Google Play. If you already have the Traeger App, make sure you have updated to the latest version.
  2. Connect your grill to WiFIRE.

• If you are already connected your Traeger grill to WiFIRE, then make sure the newest version of the Traeger App is installed on your phone and paired and connected to your grill. Once connected with the latest version of the Traeger App, your grill will automatically receive a software update within 24 hours of being turned on. No further action is needed from you and you will soon enjoy the benefits of being paired to the new cloud system!

• If you’ve never connected your Traeger grill to WiFIRE, after downloading the latest version of the Traeger App, simply connect to WiFIRE by following these instructions. After that, your grill will automatically update within 24 hours after you turn the power switch to the “On” position.

Please allow 24 hours to your grill to update. Once the 24 hours have passed and if you’d like to make sure your update was completed successfully, turn on your grill and go to Menu > Settings > About Grill. Underneath the grill model, you should see this sequence of numbers: “v02.00.00” if you have a D2 Pro, Ironwood or Timberline Grill. You will see "v03.00.00" if you have a Gen 1 Timberline or a Gen 1 Ironwood 885. If instead you see these numbers: “01.01.06”, then you may need to power your grill off and turn it on again, or disconnect and re-pair your Traeger App with WiFIRE.

Thank you for helping us make this transition as smooth as possible. We’re excited about providing you with a better experience going forward and what we have in store for the future. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-TRAEGER.

Thank you,

Traeger Grills

Tried again this morning after deleting app, restarting phone. I have confirmed that I have version 2.0 loaded it. Shows in the grill info on on the menu screen but it won’t download the certificates still.

Mine will not let me sign in on phone. my tablet made jump through a bunch of hoops. And the shows up with nothing. No controls of any kind. Called the 800# and all I get is beep beep beep.

Attachments

• 15794602103286133728672516928782.jpg
    15794602103286133728672516928782.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_20200119-125744_Traeger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119-125744_Traeger.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 158
Screenshot_20200119-105105.png

Super frustrating.. Nothing will connect to app. Useless. 30+ in tech support line for help.

Reactions: CJV
Same as all of you. No solution yet. Really push update during NFL Playoff's?

Attachments

• IMG_3322.PNG
    IMG_3322.PNG
    143.4 KB · Views: 138
Having the same issue, have done everything but still having error provisioning grill, it’s fucking 17 degrees out and I would love to not go outside to check on it lol

View attachment 1041

Super frustrating.. Nothing will connect to app. Useless. 30+ in tech support line for help.

Customer service just called to say "there's nothing that can be done to reconnect until another app update comes out in the next 24-48 hours to fix the previous update that broke the app"

Nice.

Well... as much as it has been a bit frustrating I am glad to here that they will have a fix soon.

Well thank god I’m not the only one. Ive spent the last 1.5 trying to connect. Deleted the app, re-configured my home network and nothing.

Latest Discussions

Back