eero dual band mesh router and WiFire

Grill Billy

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 780
Note: Resolved.

Has anyone successfully connected their Traeger WiFire grill to their eero network?

If so, I could use some help.

I understand that Traeger WiFire requires a 2.4 GHz connection and my eero router is dual-band. My Nest Security Cameras require 2.4 as well, one of which is near the grill and farther away from the beacon in fact, and it works great.

Thanks in advance!
Bill

Last edited:
my router is dual band also try just turning of the 5 ghz network connect the grill and then turn it back on once everything is connected and updated. i was have a similar issue with a different router.

my router is dual band also try just turning of the 5 ghz network connect the grill and then turn it back on once everything is connected and updated. i was have a similar issue with a different router.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm fairly sure that eero does not offer that functionality, but I will investigate further. Hopefully, it does.

My home network has never been better or more reliable than it is with eero so I'd rather not go through the pain and expense of moving to a different router set-up. Plus it's less than two-years-old. But I really want to get my grill connected.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm fairly sure that eero does not offer that functionality, but I will investigate further. Hopefully, it does.

My home network has never been better or more reliable than it is with eero so I'd rather not go through the pain and expense of moving to a different router set-up. Plus it's less than two-years-old. But I really want to get my grill connected.

I’ve read putting your phone in airplane mode before connecting &/or turning off the control panel may fix this.

I’ve read putting your phone in airplane mode before connecting &/or turning off the control panel may fix this.
Thanks Mikey, yeah, I read that too. I tried multiple times with no luck. I’ll try again this week sometime. I do appreciate you taking the time to offer up the suggestion though. - B

Last edited:
Thanks Miley, yeah, I read that too. I tried multiple times with no luck. I’ll try again this week sometime. I do appreciate you taking the time to offer up the suggestion though. - B

I’ve got eero and will have a new 575 in the next week or two. Hoping this is isn’t an issue...will keep you posted.

I ended up with an Ironwood, and had no issues connecting the grill to WiFi. I struggled to get it to connect to the app, luckily it updated over WiFi and after that connected to the App first try.
I found I had to forget the Traeger network on my iPhone and delete my home WiFi network on the Traeger and start over. It did connect to my eero instantly though.

I ended up with an Ironwood, and had no issues connecting the grill to WiFi. I struggled to get it to connect to the app, luckily it updated over WiFi and after that connected to the App first try.
I found I had to forget the Traeger network on my iPhone and delete my home WiFi network on the Traeger and start over. It did connect to my eero instantly though.
This is good news. At least I know that someone was able to successfully connect to an eero network! I have a really strong signal on my deck, so I should be good to go. It's snowy and cold here in Ontario, so I think that I may wait until we have a warmer day and try setting all of this up again.

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated.

Has anyone successfully connected their Traeger WiFire grill to their eero network?

If so, I could use some help.

I understand that Traeger WiFire requires a 2.4 GHz connection and my eero router is dual-band. My Nest Security Cameras require 2.4 as well, one of which is near the grill and farther away from the beacon in fact, and it works great.

Thanks in advance!
Bill
I have the same setup and have had no luck reconnecting my grill. I had it connected before using Merak dual-band with no problems. It has nothing to do with signal strength because I set my extender almost right next to the grill and still no go. Hoping someone has the key to getting this working.

I also have an eero and 575. Here is what I have tried:
  • You can call Eero, and they will turn off the 5ghz band to see if your grill will connect to the 2.4ghz Channel. I called Eero twice and they are super helpful. Each time we tried all sorts of techniques, and they claim they have other customers who have been successful in connecting an Eero.
  • I have spoken and emailed Traeger a few times. At one point, I got it connected to my older Verizon Fios wireless with the 5ghz Channel turned off. Unfortunately, a few weeks later, I decided to forget that network and attempt to connect to the Eero. It didn't work, and now it won't recognize the Verizon network.
  • I have had this grill for about 2-months, and I have spent hours troubleshooting this with Verizon, Eero and Traeger's support. We have tried hotspots on an iPhone, iPad, putting the phone into airplane mode, and attempted to connect with two different networks with the mesh turned on, and the 5ghz Channel turned off.

I have been told by Traeger to be patient as they are doing some significant updates. Disappointing, though, I'm hoping to get the wifi working on the Eero (or anything). I'd love a solution if you have any. Please share any success stories and I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

I’m busy with my mother who is quite ill at the moment so I’ll keep following the messages here but probably won’t following up with eero or Traeger for a few weeks at least. Did you try forgetting the networks as MikeyR suggested?

I have a Eero three band system, with five access points. These are the ones that were around before Amazon buy out.

Surprisingly enough to me, I had ZERO issues last summer connecting my Pro 575 to my network.

The only outlier that I can think of, is one of my access points is less than five feet from my grill, behind a window. About 10 feet when I first connected the grill to my network.

See if temporarily bringing one of the Eeros and grills closer together will help with at least establishing the initial connection to the network.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that at the time with no luck. I have tested my wifi signal on my deck and it is very strong. I can go to the back of my yard in fact and still get a decent signal so I'm not convinced that signal strength is my issue.

From what I understand, Traeger are aware of the wifi connectivity issues that many users are having and they are actively working on resolving the problems. I haven't had the time or the weather has been so cold that I haven't been out at the grill to try to troubleshoot the issue further with eero and Traeger support. I definitely want to get this working as it was a big reason that I purchased the 780 Pro model.

Darn, was hoping that would help. I might be possible that the issue is in the current firmware that your grill shipped with. If I had a newer/older firmware that did not have a bug present, then that could be the problem. Unfortunately, that would be completely in Traeger's hands. Good luck and hope it works. Wifire was a HUGE reason I went with my Pro 575 as well.

I ran into the same issue with my Eero system and Pro 780. Sometime between Christmas and mid-February, the connection was lost, and I couldn’t get them reconnected. Called Traeger and spent an hour with them last weekend. They sent out a new Controller. Installed it yesterday, and same problem - Error Provisioning.

I’ll shortly be trying it all again, moving the grill as close as possible to the nearest Eero router. Definitely extremely frustrating, though!

Latest Discussions

Back