eero dual band mesh router and WiFire

The temporary disabling of the 5GHz radio was the fix ...
I tried that multiple times with no success. I think I had to go with manual DHCP because I have a class b subnet. I’m just glad it’s working.

I tried that multiple times with no success. I think I had to go with manual DHCP because I have a class b subnet. I’m just glad it’s working.
I stand by my prior statement and 30+ years of Enterprise Networking experience ... I have Class A, B, and C subnets running here supporting a wide variety of IoT-based devices and the problem relative to setup/pairing of the WiFIRE Controller is the default behavior of the App Device where they are programmed to select the best (i.e. preferred) available Wi-Fi Network upon connection/reconnection ... since the eero does not provide the ability to separate out the SSIDs for the 2.4GHz & 5GHz radios, the App Device will always reconnect back onto the 5GHz radio near the end of the setup/pairing process with the WiFIRE Controller causing it to fail ... only when the App Device is limited to running through the entire setup process (start-to-finish ... end-to-end ... whatever you want to call it) with the 2.4GHz radio as the only available/active option, will setup fully complete, allowing the WiFIRE Controller to communicate to the Traeger Cloud back-end hosted on AWS ...

Agreed that the fact that it is now working for you is what really matters, but the above has been proven out numerous times as the fix/resolution ... https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/a...rarily-Hide-the-5GHz-Band-on-My-eero-Network-

Thank you all for your posts. After several hours of trial and error, I got my Century 885 connected to my new eero 6 Pro that I put in after moving to a new house. In the end, it took the combination of 3 different suggestions I found in this thread:
1. Disable all advanced security (Discover > eero Secure > turn off Advanced Security and Block Ads)
2. Set Manual IP (Settings > Network settings > DHCP & NAT > Select Manual IP)
3. Set eero to 2.4Ghz only (Settings > Troubleshooting > My device won't connect > My device is 2.4 GHz only > Temporarily pause 5 GHz)

Admittedly, the Manual IP was the last setting I tried, so it may very well have been the only change that was needed. After getting the Traeger connected, I reset all of the above and am still connected and cooking.

Eero owner and new timberline owner here! Was having the same issues in this thread. Guest network worked fine as others shared. To get it on the main network, disabling advanced security and having my phone in airplane mode worked for me. Did not need to disable emitting 5GHz on the router or do manual IP assignment or anything like that. Good luck all!

Alright,
I will post my detailed experience in resolving my connection from my Traeger to my eero network.

Below are the items I am working with:
  • Traeger Silverton 620 (Costco Special Edition)
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • Eero Network: 2x eero Pros, 1x eero 6

Here are the steps I went through to resolve my connection issue. Keep in mind, before I went through my process, I tried everything listed on this forum. Here we go...
  1. I called eero and spoke to a rep where she advised that she noticed that my Traeger was trying to connect to my network but the signal was not strong enough to stay connected. Keep in mind that my eero 6 is right next to the window where my Traeger grill is located within 5 feet away. There is nothing blocking the signal.
  2. The eero rep then recommended reaching out to Traeger directly to see if they can help me resolve the problem. Eero is well aware of the Traeger situation as they get multiple calls about the same issue. (29 min call)
  3. I then called Traeger where they advised several ways to connect. After being on the phone for 104 minutes, below was my solution
    • Make sure all of your eero routers are up to date with the latest software
    • Reboot all of your eero networks
    • Powercycle the Traeger
    • Turn on Airplane mode on your iPhone with only the WiFi option on
    • Disable the eero advanced security settings (under the discover page)
    • Create a guest network on the eero app
    • Join the guest network on your iPhone and make sure all of your other WiFi networks have the "auto-join" option off
    • Turn the "auto-join" option on only on the eero guest network you just created
    • Go to the eero app, settings, go to the troubleshooting tab, click on "my device won't connect", turn Legace Mode on, and also temporarily pause 5 GHz for 15 minutes. This will activate only the 2.4 GHz band
    • From there go to the Traeger app and try to connect
    • Once the Traeger app is connected leave the guest network on the eero app
    • Go to your iPhone WiFi settings and join your main network back once again with the "auto-join" option on only for that network
This worked out for me. Hopefully, this helps someone out there as I have been trying to resolve this issue for over a year.

Alright,
I will post my detailed experience in resolving my connection from my Traeger to my eero network.

• iPhone 12 Pro Max

Here are the steps I went through to resolve my connection issue. Keep in mind, before I went through my process, I tried everything listed on this forum. Here we go...
  1. I called eero and spoke to a rep where she advised that she noticed that my Traeger was trying to connect to my network but the signal was not strong enough to stay connected. Keep in mind that my eero 6 is right next to the window where my Traeger grill is located within 5 feet away. There is nothing blocking the signal.
  2. The eero rep then recommended reaching out to Traeger directly to see if they can help me resolve the problem. Eero is well aware of the Traeger situation as they get multiple calls about the same issue. (29 min call)
  3. I then called Traeger where they advised several ways to connect. After being on the phone for 104 minutes, below was my solution
    • Powercycle the Traeger
    • Join the guest network on your iPhone and make sure all of your other WiFi networks have the "auto-join" option off
    • Turn the "auto-join" option on only on the eero guest network you just created
    • Go to the eero app, settings, go to the troubleshooting tab, click on "my device won't connect", turn Legace Mode on, and also temporarily pause 5 GHz for 15 minutes. This will activate only the 2.4 GHz band
    • Go to your iPhone WiFi settings and join your main network back once again with the "auto-join" option on only for that network
This worked out for me. Hopefully, this helps someone out there as I have been trying to resolve this issue for over a year.
I have a post above about the nonsense I had to go through to get my Ironwood to connect. What I learned is that my next unit will be a Rec Tec.

Resolved.

I have an older iPad Air (2012ish). Because its an older version, the App Store forced me to download an older version of the Traeger app. I set the EERO router to pause 5 GHz and my iPad instantly connected the grill and added it to my app. The grill showed up on my iPhone. All is good after struggling with the same issues everyone else described.

Alright,

• iPhone 12 Pro Max

• Powercycle the Traeger
I just wanted to say Thank you for posting this. I have multiple calls in to Traeger and eero. Hours and Hours. I was on my third controller. These instructions worked great and were easy to follow. In less than 10 minutes I was connected. Again Thank You for taking the time to share this great info!!! I finally have this issue put to bed after months of trying.

Alright,

• iPhone 12 Pro Max

• Powercycle the Traeger
Phenomenal instructions…worked right out of the gate. Traeger should immediately add this to their knowledge base for their support agents. Thanks for taking the additional time to provide the rest of us with the WiFi recipe.

Latest Discussions

Back