Wrapping my Smoker in a wool blanket cold weather

Looks like the manufactured blankets never made it to the 885 sized Traeger grills before the maker "disappeared?"

It is probably not too necessary here in the Phoenix area, but it does get cool - meaning the low 30s.

Looks like the manufactured blankets never made it to the 885 sized Traeger grills before the maker "disappeared?"

It is probably not too necessary here in the Phoenix area, but it does get cool - meaning the low 30s.

I have cooked on my traeger in temps under 30 degrees and it did just fine without a blanket. I just run it about 20 higher than the temp i wanted in the grill and let it run.

The biggest issue I has was opening the lid. So I put the LavaLock on the lid and now I don't open the lid unless I'm adding meat or taking meat off. I'm not a "spritzer".

Used magnets to hold it on

Attachments

• F0AED51A-C1A2-4454-A76C-EC98DA21A33F.jpeg
    F0AED51A-C1A2-4454-A76C-EC98DA21A33F.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 86
  • D7AFF020-84B3-45A1-8EA8-49BE33820D21.jpeg
    D7AFF020-84B3-45A1-8EA8-49BE33820D21.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 88
Just be careful some of the felt blanket disintegrate when they get wet.
thanks I will keep eye on that. I’m wondering what type of pellets you use I have bought 10 bags of Traeger pellets. Is there something better at a lower price I have been looking on forum but don’t seem to be a lot of info unless I missed it somewhere

but don’t seem to be a lot of info unless I missed it somewhere

You missed it... we have info on other pellets all over this site, and right now at Lowes PitBoss pellets are only $9.99 delievered to your door for free...

for starters

I had a heavy wool blanket ready to purchase and then they were and still are sold out. What is your moving blanket made of? Is it Fire resistant?
Sorry its been awhile. I believe so based on a quick google search.

Back