Wild Temp Swings

The_mattyg

Reaction score
Grill
Pro22/34
Hello!

I am having massive issues with this grill as I can not get it to hold a low temperature. Basically what happens when I start the grill up and set it to 225 is that the grill will overshoot generally somewhere north of 250. Then I will see massive amounts of white smoke pour out from the under the lid, the chimney, the grease release, basically all over. The grill will then drop temp down to somewhere in the low 190s at which point it will then skyrocket back above 250 and the cycle then repeats. I do not believe this is how the grill is intended to function.

i know there is some temperature variation that is acceptable but this is both outside the specified range and far too dramatic to be acceptable.

I’ve been through the rounds with support replacing this and that and eventually the entire grill. No luck.

any ideas?

have had the same problems with Pro 22. been on the phone with traeger for hours, all they have come up with so far is to replace the RTD( didn't) work). have gotten to the point that i will give them one more try and if that doesn't worrk just sell it.

Latest Discussions

Back