wifire Stuck on downloading files

Joe Cocio

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Hi Everyone, I hope you may be able to provide assistance with my issue if its come up in the past. when i go to WIFI information screen, it shows my ssid, and it says downloading files. this is my first time trying to connect the grill, got it this weekend and waited til the week to try to call traeger and its not going well so far so i thought this would be a great place to try. has anyone else has this issue happen to them? i am on a 2.4ghz only ssid, the app was recently downloaded, ive never gotten it to connect.

I think you will need to put in a shut down cycle and retry it. Something similar in this thread:

I think you will need to put in a shut down cycle and retry it. Something similar in this thread:
Thank you. I think after several shutdowns I think it finally worked. thank you for replying!

Thank you. I think after several shutdowns I think it finally worked. thank you for replying!

What version of Firmware / Config are you running now that you're up and running?

firmware is 02.00.01 config 03.007

Your PRO 780 is running the January Updates ... if the May Updates are still available to install, you'll eventually receive 2.01.02 | 03.010 ... but another poster stated that Traeger has pulled the May Updates to deal with the fallout of bricking quite a few WiFIRE Controllers ...

Last edited:
Thank you for the info! I really appreciate it. hopefully they can get it fixed and rereleased. at least i can cook in the meantime!

Back