WIFI connection

Mark Bennett

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Having issues with my grill from day one since I bought it,
Trying to connect through the app to the home network,
Won’t let me connect, app is trying to connect to “Traeger-D2CE” instead of home network,

How do I fix this, I have bought a WIFI extender to help with the issue and still not connecting,

Need a little HELP !!!!!!!

Smokaholic

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Mark,
I had issues with my Ironwood 650 using the auto setup (bar code scan). I never got it to work. I ended up trying the manual setup mode and it worked first try and haven't had issues since. I believe i used the instruction document in the link below, but can't remember 100%.
First, make your grill "Forget Network" and then start the manual setup. Hopefully this works for you, let us know.

https://www.traegergrills.com/images/en-us/PDFs/WiFIRE-QuickStart-Guide.pdf

S

rovino

Reaction score
Grill
pro 22 . looking to upgrade to an ironwood 885
What type of network are you running? 5ghz or 2.4ghz?

I thought I read that the Wifire is only 2.5 compliant.

So for exampled I have an Alexa enabled plug that runs some lights on my porch but I had to create a totally separate 2.4gz wifi network from my router to be able to connect that plug.

CampWhatnot

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650
What type of network are you running? 5ghz or 2.4ghz?

I thought I read that the Wifire is only 2.5 compliant.

So for exampled I have an Alexa enabled plug that runs some lights on my porch but I had to create a totally separate 2.4gz wifi network from my router to be able to connect that plug.
The wifire controller operates on 2.4g only. The phone or device you are trying to connect must also be on the 2.4g network and not on 5g. Cheers.

TeddyB

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I can't seem to turn off my 5 ghz and use only 2.4. Can anyone help me, I have a netgear router.

wiiltn

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I can't seem to turn off my 5 ghz and use only 2.4. Can anyone help me, I have a netgear router.
TeddyB,

I have my phone set to automatically connect to the 5ghz wifi signal. Before I try to connect to my Pro 575, I have to change the phone to automatically connect to the 2.4 ghz. signal. When I'm done, I switch back.

Hope this helps.

bfletcher

Reaction score
Grill
I 885
I'm far from expert but through the Netgear Genie admin console I created different SSID's for 2.4GHz vs. 5GHz. As such, I can keep both active on the router and choose which bandwidth to join from my devices. Are you at all familiar with the admin console that his makes sense? If not, perhaps it will be helpful to know your router model number.

TeddyB

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
TeddyB,

I have my phone set to automatically connect to the 5ghz wifi signal. Before I try to connect to my Pro 575, I have to change the phone to automatically connect to the 2.4 ghz. signal. When I'm done, I switch back.

Hope this helps.
It actually worked on about the 5th try lol. Thanks

rovino

Reaction score
Grill
pro 22 . looking to upgrade to an ironwood 885
I created a 2nd wifi signal just for 2.4 So you have all your high speed capable stuff running on 5g and the Traeger on its on signal.. I just named it the same but added 2.4ghz at the end so I'd know the difference.