WIFI connection

Mark Bennett

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Having issues with my grill from day one since I bought it,
Trying to connect through the app to the home network,
Won’t let me connect, app is trying to connect to “Traeger-D2CE” instead of home network,

How do I fix this, I have bought a WIFI extender to help with the issue and still not connecting,

Need a little HELP !!!!!!!

I have the same problem in addition to my temp issues. You probably need a new controller.

Mark,
I had issues with my Ironwood 650 using the auto setup (bar code scan). I never got it to work. I ended up trying the manual setup mode and it worked first try and haven't had issues since. I believe i used the instruction document in the link below, but can't remember 100%.
First, make your grill "Forget Network" and then start the manual setup. Hopefully this works for you, let us know.

https://www.traegergrills.com/images/en-us/PDFs/WiFIRE-QuickStart-Guide.pdf

S

What type of network are you running? 5ghz or 2.4ghz?

I thought I read that the Wifire is only 2.5 compliant.

So for exampled I have an Alexa enabled plug that runs some lights on my porch but I had to create a totally separate 2.4gz wifi network from my router to be able to connect that plug.

What type of network are you running? 5ghz or 2.4ghz?

I thought I read that the Wifire is only 2.5 compliant.

So for exampled I have an Alexa enabled plug that runs some lights on my porch but I had to create a totally separate 2.4gz wifi network from my router to be able to connect that plug.

The wifire controller operates on 2.4g only. The phone or device you are trying to connect must also be on the 2.4g network and not on 5g. Cheers.

I can't seem to turn off my 5 ghz and use only 2.4. Can anyone help me, I have a netgear router.

I can't seem to turn off my 5 ghz and use only 2.4. Can anyone help me, I have a netgear router.

TeddyB,

I have my phone set to automatically connect to the 5ghz wifi signal. Before I try to connect to my Pro 575, I have to change the phone to automatically connect to the 2.4 ghz. signal. When I'm done, I switch back.

Hope this helps.

I'm far from expert but through the Netgear Genie admin console I created different SSID's for 2.4GHz vs. 5GHz. As such, I can keep both active on the router and choose which bandwidth to join from my devices. Are you at all familiar with the admin console that his makes sense? If not, perhaps it will be helpful to know your router model number.

TeddyB,

I have my phone set to automatically connect to the 5ghz wifi signal. Before I try to connect to my Pro 575, I have to change the phone to automatically connect to the 2.4 ghz. signal. When I'm done, I switch back.

Hope this helps.
It actually worked on about the 5th try lol. Thanks

I created a 2nd wifi signal just for 2.4 So you have all your high speed capable stuff running on 5g and the Traeger on its on signal.. I just named it the same but added 2.4ghz at the end so I'd know the difference.

I've been trying to connect for months now- nothing seems to work.
My grill will connect to my WiFi without troubles, but when I try to set a 'nickname' in the app, it stalls with a 'spinning' icon and will go no further.
I've been in touch with Traeger customer support over a dozen times, they havn't been willing or able to help me so far. Last I heard from them, they said they would find a technician to send out to fix the troubles- free of charge, then they closed my case and I haven't heard back (this was two weeks ago).

I like the food I get from my grill, but the wifire support and the usefulness of their customer support team is disappointing to say the least.
Oh, and the temperature sensor in the grill consistently reads 25-30F too high (I've verified this with two different calibrated oven thermometers)

I have the same problem now, and have for well over 6 months. I have had my Timberline 850 for over 3 years, and it took some time, but I did get it on my wifi for 2 1/2 years. I moved in June to a different city, and therefore, have a new router. My Timberline does not have a QSR code, so I have to do it mannulally. My smoker is on our deck, 3 feet from the door. With my iphone in hand, I connect my iphone to my smoker, then the app grabs the info for my Bell Wifi, and it fails every time. It says the signal may be too weak. So, I actually dragged my smoker inside the door. The router is at the bottom of an open stairwell, in my furnace room. With the furnace room door open, it still won't connect. I am in Ontario, Canada.

I have called both the US Traeger Customer Service, and Canadian, and they are useless. I can't be the only one who has the same issue, and they offer no help. Not sure what to do. If anyone can offer a solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Cam

I had the same issue and called support. They were able to force a firmware update to my grill and I haven't had any issues since.

Won’t let me connect, app is trying to connect to “Traeger-D2CE” instead of home network,

How do I fix this, I have bought a WIFI extender to help with the issue and still not connecting,

I was able to get mine to connect again by deleting everything and going back to square 1 but it took a couple of attempts. I deleted the app from my iPhone and selected 'forget network' on my controller at least twice, maybe three times, my memory ain't what it used to be. It wasn't connected all that long and it has updated to 01.01.06 already. Maybe I'll get really lucky and my temp issues will be resolved with this update. I'll find out on Thursday when I put my turkey in there.

Back