Traeger investment: stock is down over 50%

Traegernator

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Traeger stock ($COOK) is down over 50%!!! What in the world is going on with them? I'm loosing my briskets over here with my investment!

TheGrumpyGriller

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
Maybe it's because the cost of brisket (along with virtually every other protein) has gone up by 50% :ROFLMAO: :unsure:.

midwest

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 780
I know virtually nothing about Traeger as a company. Here is my very uneducated guess. From what I recall Traeger was the first or one of the first regularly available pellet grill. Now there are brands that are far better (and more expensive) and there are brands that are a lot cheaper. Your name can only take you so far. A big percentage of consumers shop based solely on price, if that is the case you won't end up with a Traeger. Some people research and want to spend money for the best quality cooker they can get. Those people won't end up with a Traeger either. Now you are stuck trying to attract those in the middle.

BobbyQ

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650, Weber Genesis
I think I've said this before but you're only as good as you're last quarter results. Their revenue was up but their "earnings" turned into a loss. It's sad that the so-called analysts and experts don't appreciate the long term picture even though they say they do. I once worked for a company that sold off some of their real estate to offset losses elsewhere just to boost the bottom line to please the "analysts".

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Ouch, I was mad at myself for not buying this when they became public. Maybe now's a good time to buy some?

BobbyQ

Reaction score
Grill
Ouch, I was mad at myself for not buying this when they became public. Maybe now's a good time to buy some?
Maybe, but the CEO said they will still be plagued by "supply chain" issues going forward.

BobbyQ

Reaction score
Grill
Over the years I found that if I wanted to buy a stock that aligned with one of my interests I would use money that I would otherwise take to the crap table or mod my Jeep. Insiders will beat you all the time. After all there’s 535 of them looking after us. Right?🙁

DVSCYCLES

Reaction score
Grill
TIMBERLINE 850
Over the years I found that if I wanted to buy a stock that aligned with one of my interests I would use money that I would otherwise take to the crap table or mod my Jeep. Insiders will beat you all the time. After all there’s 535 of them looking after us. Right?🙁
Exactly my mind set. So it is just play money.

Latest Discussions