Traeger App Improvements - What do You Want to See?

Hell, at this point, I just want the old app back. It was finally reliable and automated. Now it’s pretty and loaded with noise, but is unreliable and manual.

I needed to smoke a pork loin this morning and spent a bunch of time trying to find what was a favorite recipe. Once found, I pushed it to the grill. What do you know, I'm on step 4 and it's pushing 350 degrees for 30 minutes... What happened to the 3-4 hour super smoke at 180?

Then I had to forcibly restart the app a half dozen times, just so I could get an accurate temperature reading. This is on the IOS version of the app. I finally just walked outside to make sure I knew what was happening.

What a benefit the extra hundreds of dollars for WiFire are turning out to be...

This is a cooking app, please focus on making it work for that. Once it's good, THEN move on to whatever nonsense and glitz you want to add. I really don't need another intrusive social media app...

1) Future App version to support Firmware/Config updates directly through the App (ala Pull) versus having to wait for a Push of the update(s) to come down at their own leisure ...

2) Provide ability to "remove" grill data from their backend (AWS) so that it can be re-registered cleanly ... some of us appear to have borked Grill UUID data that is preventing the grill from receiving the Firmware and/or Config data updates necessary to support 500 degrees ... leaving us in limbo indefinitely while we wait for Traeger to do the necessary data scrub

3) Universal App so that it recognizes the specific device it is installed on and scales accordingly ... When I run it on a Tablet, it should utilize the screen versus being a mini phone app ...

New App update today. v2.03.b12 in iOS.
Did anyone notice in the iOS App Store the images for the app show stats & graphs? I wonder when that is coming. Or is it just for Timberline?
43266E8D-2C79-4EAD-8E91-08F32C11BABD.png

New App update today. v2.03.b12 in iOS.
Did anyone notice in the iOS App Store the images for the app show stats & graphs? I wonder when that is coming. Or is it just for Timberline?
View attachment 1372
Interesting. I have the updated app and a Timberline 1300, but no stats and graphs. Maybe it also requires a firmware update, which remains stubbornly unavailable.

Interesting. I have the updated app and a Timberline 1300, but no stats and graphs. Maybe it also requires a firmware update, which remains stubbornly unavailable.

I have the newest Firmware on my IW650. No graphs. I’m assuming it will be in a new update of the app at some point. Once the seemingly endless others issues are hopefully taken care of.

1) A menu item to update Firmware on demand (i.e. when it is convenient for the customer) So we do not need to always have grill plugged in.
2) A maintenance schedule reminder so the app will let me know when it is time to do a cleaning. Then allow me to tell the app I did the cleaning so the timer will reset.
3) a feature that I can say what I am cooking and it will let me know the level of doneness. Example: I have a probe in the steak. Not only tell me the temp but also let me know that it is medium rare so I don't have to look the darn doneness chart every time
4) Maybe be able to say what I am cooking and the app suggest temperatures

What do you want to see fixed, improved or added to the Traeger App? Here's a few on my list in not any particular order. Right now it basically feels like a glorified thermometer app.

1. Fix the custom cook cycles so I can actually "Add" one of my own. The + is there it just doesn't do anything.
  2. Fix it so the app can run in the background so notifications would still work. It seems it always has to "connect" when I launch the app.
  3. Stop focusing on the other app bits which are just a pathway to buying more products. Focus on the wifire!
  4. Trending and charting of cooks that we can see and save to learn from and share.. Similar to bbq guru sharemycook, which I still have to use because it's that much better.
  5. Alarms on different probes, cooker and meat probe.
Agree with the trending and charting, would be nice to monitor stall points and cook temps over time.
would also like to see user set points for cooking.

1) Automatically go from cook to keep warm
2) Temp based programs not just time based
3) Auto clean - run temp up then shutdown
4) Downloadable cook programs so you can select what is stored

I'd like to have it cook at one temp for x hours or minutes/hours, then go to another temp for x minutes/hours.

I don't know if it does this already, as I cannot find it on the app.

1) Automatically go from cook to keep warm
2) Temp based programs not just time based
3) Auto clean - run temp up then shutdown
4) Downloadable cook programs so you can select what is stored

The crazy thing is at one time it did all these, except #3, I believe.

I'd love trending, that would be helpful.

They should move the "Remove Grill" choice at the bottom of the app into settings. There is NO good reason to have it exposed to accidental pressing, especially at the bottom where it is!

Probe (2 point) and Grill thermostat calibration.
API so we can write code to the Controller...
Put a QR code on the Pellet Bags so we can load pellet type into the App.
Better WiFI Stability
Ability to chart the Cooks.
Let the Controller be fed from Fireboard..

Since many of us use another app to track our cooks, how about the ability to run the app in side by side mode

I'd love trending, that would be helpful.

They should move the "Remove Grill" choice at the bottom of the app into settings. There is NO good reason to have it exposed to accidental pressing, especially at the bottom where it is!
Been gone for a while. You install your cook camera inside yet. Haaaa.

Latest Discussions

Back