Timberline 1300 working properly?

I for one have had lots of heating issues from my Timberline.
Not igniting to failed Ignition etc.
The hot rod does not work the same as in a Pro 22 (what I came from) The pro 22's heats up and stays hot. The Timberlines pulses the heat with the Fan, IDK why they did this, but has caused a lot of frustration.

Back to the OP's issue. To get it to 400, I recommend setting the temp to 350 to ignite. Then let it go up from there. I have found that if I set the preheat to 225 or lower, it stalls out the Auger. It stays at the same RPM feeding the same amount as what 225 needs to maintain. If you have a stalled temp to rise, increase it by about 25 deg, get the auger moving again. Crank it after it gets to that temp.
Same goes for lower temps, its a lot less frustrating to start at ~300 and lower after ignition than to increase after the preheat at 165.

I used to set low temps for starting but with recent revs of software, the Timberline's can safely be ignited directly to any set temperature with almost zero overshoot.

If you get slow starts, start errors etc. Call support and request a new firepot/hotrod assembly. This will cure the issue, a few of us have done this.

You should see ignition smoke in about 5-7 min normally. Then a slow steady climb to the set temperature.

new pot and rod didn't do anything, I have a new controller I will be installing in the spring when temps warm up and the snow melts

I took @Timmy 's advice today.

- Cleared the auger
- Cleaned the whole grill again
- Filled with Apple pellets that worked great in my 575 last weekend
- Primed Auger

I started smoking some pork tenderloin after this, took ~30 minutes after ignition to get up to 225. I called Traeger, they looked at my cook data and agreed something isn't right. They're sending a new induction fan, thinking it might not be getting enough air. 🤞
I was having the same issue, low temp warnings, failed ignition etc. I could not get my grill up to temp. I’m running a 850 timberline, 1 year old. installed the new fan today, let’s see what happens.
It’s a balmy 5° Celsius here in Ottawa and my grill took 20 min to hit 400°f.
still seems like a long time.
my old work horses 22 pro seemed to hit set temps in 10 min or so.
im still on the fence.

Update, After 2 years of issues. Failure to ignite warnings, Slow ignition warnings, flame outs.... Installing a new controller, hot rod and thermo-coupler.
Traeger is sending me a new hopper assembly. Basically replacing everything except the drum, legs, racks and shields.
Fingers crossed this fixes the issues.
Customer service was great through the last phone calls. It helps a lot that they can grab the SSID # and look at the log of errors.

Update, After 2 years of issues. Failure to ignite warnings, Slow ignition warnings, flame outs.... Installing a new controller, hot rod and thermo-coupler.
Traeger is sending me a new hopper assembly. Basically replacing everything except the drum, legs, racks and shields.
Fingers crossed this fixes the issues.
Customer service was great through the last phone calls. It helps a lot that they can grab the SSID # and look at the log of errors.
Signed up just to comment here.

New 1300 owner. Experiencing the exact thing you were in this thread... New controller is on the way from support. I get preheat notifications 100 degrees below set temperature, and it struggles to keep 225. Always at around 190.

If I set to 400, typically no problem.

Did they ever fix your issue?

Thanks

I also get the notifications way too early. Earlier in the week I set it 500 and hit ignite. Received the pre heat notification around 220deg. I’m in SWFL so the cold weather isn’t a factor. Haven’t contacted Traeger because it maintains the temps I need once it gets to target temp.

After 2 years, they fixed my issues. New controller, new firepot, new thermo-coupler did not work. Replaced these over time
When i called, i had to tell them what was happening. You would think they would make notes on the file for that,
After going through the troubleshooting to make sure that YOU aren't the problem, They will look at the error log on your controller.

After escalation, this winter, Traeger sent me a complete hopper/burner assembly....twice.
The first was for an 850, LOL. A little too short for the 1300.
It pays to check packing slips before opening the box. Called them up, got the RGA and sent it back. They then sent the 1300 one.

Now its starts are flawless, holds temps, works great.

The worst part is the time it takes to troubleshoot and all the parts they would try first.

However, the customer service reps are great and they do a good job. Friendly, courteous and you get the feeling they do care.
I am pretty sure i shot the breeze with one for 45 mins AFTER the service portion was done.

Latest Discussions

Back