Timberline 1300 Photos with Brisket?

oldschool

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on purchasing the 1300 or not and would like to see users with photos of their Timberline 1300 loaded up with brisket ribs and chicken if possible?

I can't find internal dimensions on the main grill in the smoke position to the second or third rack as far as height is concerned, I'd be using the timberline at home but also at competitions and I'd need to cook 2 ~15lb briskets, 3 racks of ribs and 3 chickens halved. Would love to see photos of other cookers with the Timberline loaded up with Brisket and other meat!

oldschool, I noticed you are in Texas. If by any remote chance you are anywhere near Waxahachie, swing by the Meat Church store in downtown Waxahachie.

They have all of the top end Traegers on display (Matt Pittman is on the Traeger "Pro Team"). He is also a competition Pitmaster and is sometimes in the store. If you catch him, he loves to talk BBQ and especially Traegers and competition.

Afterwards, slide over to the Smoke Vault next door for some excellent BBQ. All in all, a trip worth considering even if you aren't close to Waxahacie.

oldschool, I noticed you are in Texas. If by any remote chance you are anywhere near Waxahachie, swing by the Meat Church store in downtown Waxahachie.

They have all of the top end Traegers on display (Matt Pittman is on the Traeger "Pro Team"). He is also a competition Pitmaster and is sometimes in the store. If you catch him, he loves to talk BBQ and especially Traegers and competition.

Afterwards, slide over to the Smoke Vault next door for some excellent BBQ. All in all, a trip worth considering even if you aren't close to Waxahacie.
I'm near Austin, about 3hrs away.

I've been trying to decide on the Timberline 1300 or the RecTec RT700. The Timberline is nice and in my opinion looks much better but for the exact same price I can get the RecTec with the folding front shelf (Timberline front shelf is basically unusable, wish they had folding larger shelf), the competition cart and the side warming box along with a few other goodies like the internal shelf etc.

I think the timberline has more usable space with the pill design, and looks better but the RT700 is obviously built stronger and better PID controller, and with the extras like warming box may end up more usable for me.

Welcome to the forum @oldschool - Have you considered the Ironwood 885? It's more comparable in price to the RT700 and you can get a useable front shelf.

Welcome to the forum @oldschool - Have you considered the Ironwood 885? It's more comparable in price to the RT700 and you can get a useable front shelf.
If I go with traeger it would be the Timberline, I find it comparable to the RecTec but the ironwood seems like a major downgrade and far too small.

If I buy the RecTec with the add-ons it's the same price as the Timberline 1300.

Back