Some modifications to my 650

Bottom shelf is awesome! The front shelf folds down or is it permanent out?

@jp9724 front folds down, much better to have good working area. I have quite big meat trays, now I don't have to worry them tipping over from the counter :)

Attachments

• 2019-10-24 07.00.38.jpg
    2019-10-24 07.00.38.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 2019-10-24 07.00.27.jpg
    2019-10-24 07.00.27.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 116
@jp9724 front folds down, much better to have good working area. I have quite big meat trays, now I don't have to worry them tipping over from the counter :)
Well done!

Gasket BTW works perfectly, no smoke coming through the lid sides. And it is very soft to put lid down, very happy with that mod (y)

Made some modifications to my Ironwood 650. Added bigger front shelf and utility rack under the grill (aluminium). Also extra heat sensor to make sure that temp is correct. Magnetic stickers so that I remember what pellets are in :) Pellet storage bin from IKEA :LOL: Oh yeah and made some ribs (y) One mod still waiting, I'm going to put kamado gasket to the lid, too much smoke escaping on the sides, IMHO.
How did you make your bottom shelf? Looks good...

I got a 650 about a month ago and the lid does not fit very well. 3/16-1/4 inch gap at the middle. Will have to get some kamado gasket

Anyone know what the difference is between the BLE model and the BLF model of the Ironwood 650?

Anyone know what the difference is between the BLE model and the BLF model of the Ironwood 650?
I think BLF includes the Pellet Sensor and BLE doesn’t (they added the Pellet sensor just over a month ago). I could be wrong though.

Back