Questions About my Grill

Girevik

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've had my Traeger for a couple of seasons now and generally love it, but I have noticed a couple of things that I'm wondering about.

First of all, it seems that it I set the grill to smoke or to it's highest temp, it will often shut down with either a too low or too high temp. Is this a common thing?

Also, I was grilling something this weekend and the grill kept getting way below the temperature I had set. It was only about 35 degrees outside at the time; is is usual for it to have a hard time keeping it's temperature in colder weather?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
G

Girevik

Reaction score
I don't recall the exact model. At a little baby when I got at Costco couple years ago. I'll take a look at the model number the next time I have the cover off.

I clean out the ashes a couple of times a year but it's probably about due for that. As well as a change of foil on the drip pan.

I use the generic Trager brand pellet blend.

Slimpicker

Ol' Timer BBQer
Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
It's time for a CLEANING, clean the firepot out real good, vacuum all ashes out, very very gently clean your Traeger Temp Probe.
EMPTY your hopper and remove a sawdust buildup if there is one... Some pellets breakdown more than others and leave a lot of dust behind. This can greatly affect your auger and pellet feed. Have your pellets been sitting in the hopper thru a lot of HUMID weather???
We do use all kinds of pellets here, it's not big issue if you keep your grill & hopper clean what pellet you use. Just be aware that some are different than others.

Latest Discussions