probe/timer/keep warm modes won't display

BsGrillin'

Reaction score
Grill
Tailgater 20
Hello all! Need help. Just got my Tailgater 20 Saturday. Did the initial fire per the owners manual instructions. However, the probe will beep when plugged in, but will not display a temperature. Nor does the timer or keep warm mode. Everytime I press the center button, per the instructions, during cooking, it goes to OFF. I even got an experienced Traeger guy over, and he says that something ain't right. Any suggestions???

OP
OP
B

BsGrillin'

Reaction score
Grill
Tailgater 20
Soooo, my local Ace Hardware salesman, that sold me the Traeger, contacted the area rep, based in Utah from what I understand. Ace guy, Jason, came out and between he and the Traeger rep via texting and whatnot, got everything working, got me trained. I love my Traeger, even more so now that all the bells and whistles WORK. Now chillin n grillin!

Durlinda

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Tailgater 20
So do you know what he did to fix it? I’m having the same problem

OP
OP
B

BsGrillin'

Reaction score
Grill
Tailgater 20
The guy that sold it to me from the my local Ace Hardware, came out and got the Traeger rep on the phone. They both said that this particular grill (Tailgater), you have to let it "warm up" and maintain the desired temp for a few minutes before attempting to run the probe, timer and keep warm settings. Which I have found as true. Once we figured that out, I have been cooking up a storm. Just takes a little longer and planning, but worth it!

Durlinda

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Tailgater 20
The guy that sold it to me from the my local Ace Hardware, came out and got the Traeger rep on the phone. They both said that this particular grill (Tailgater), you have to let it "warm up" and maintain the desired temp for a few minutes before attempting to run the probe, timer and keep warm settings. Which I have found as true. Once we figured that out, I have been cooking up a storm. Just takes a little longer and planning, but worth it!

Latest Discussions