Pro 780: Pellet Sensor?

TXPhi67

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Hello all,

Just finished putting together my new Pro 780 and am starting to learn about all the feature/functions that aren't well documented. I've had a Century 34 for several years, so this is a fun upgrade.

One of the things I came across is that it seems my control is set up to support a Pellet Sensor, but there isn't an installed sensor. I knew there wasn't a sensor, but am pleasantly surprise that there seems to be the ability to add it.

When I did my due diligence with various online searches, I get rather mixed results (no surprise there). So my question to the group is: Has anyone installed or seen installed a pellet sensor for the Pro 780?

Thanks!

Biffdotorg

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
here is what I found, there seems to be a hole for it in the pellet feeder, and a spot on the control board for it to be installed. But Traeger support has informed a number of owners that this part cannot be ordered by itself. GRRR.

I thought it would be cool to have as well. Especially if you could get notification through the app!

MaD HuNGaRIaN

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Yeah, I was at about 185º internal temp 10 hours into a brisket when the sun went down and my 575 started burning pellets like a mad dog and ran the hopper right out. I only found out because my Weber iGrill ambient alert went off for temp too low. Last time I'll make that mistake, but it would have been nice to have a low-pellet warning. I guess they don't want to cannibalize sales from the higher models by offering the part direct....