Pro 575- Not updating

I had a discussion with a Traeger supervisor on Friday. The word that I got THIS time was to expect a firmware release at the end of July. As you all know, trying to get a straight answer from Traeger is massively frustrating. I have now had multiple contacts with Traeger regarding my Pro 575 not updating. My problems go back further than this latest release which no one can receive. My unit is at 02.00.00/04.012. It did not receive the 02.01.00/04.016 update that was released on 3/24/20 which was BEFORE the Firmware release that is currently frozen. Nobody at Traeger seems to want to address this. They just keep reading from the script that the latest firmware will be released on <fill in the blank with any date between now and never>.

The 03/24/20 release (March 2020 Update) was when they started offering the 500 degrees capability to the PRO 575/780 and other models ... that release never went wide ... it was a targeted release, probably so Traeger could gather some analytics before PUSHing out wide in May ... There was a large percentage of active Traeger owner's on Social Media complaining about not receiving the March 2020 Updates ...

Our PRO 780 never received the March 2020 Updates ... it never received any updates after the initial setup in mid-February until May 19th, 2020 when it picked up the May 2020 Update release (and luckily our WiFIRE Controller did not have the unexpected shutdown issue due to Firmware Corruption) ...

I agree that the information given out by Traeger Support is generally inaccurate/inconsistent ... which is why I always chuckle when someone points back to the WiFIRE Status Page as a trusted source ... Traeger's documentation via that page is lacking in multiple facets as well ...

Last edited:
The 03/24/20 release (March 2020 Update) was when they started offering the 500 degrees capability to the PRO 575/780 and other models ... that release never went wide ... it was a targeted release, probably so Traeger could select some analytics before PUSHing out wide in May ... There was a large percentage of active Traeger owner's on Social Media complaining about not receiving the March 2020 Updates ...

Our PRO 780 never received the March 2020 Updates ... it never received any updates after the initial setup in mid-February until May 19th, 2020 when it picked up the May 2020 Update release (and luckily our WiFIRE Controller did not have the unexpected shutdown issue due to Firmware Corruption) ...

I agree that the information given out by Traeger Support is generally inaccurate/inconsistent ... which is why I always chuckle when someone points back to the WiFIRE Status Page as a trusted source ... Traeger's documentation via that page is lacking in multiple facets as well ...
The 03/24/20 release (March 2020 Update) was when they started offering the 500 degrees capability to the PRO 575/780 and other models ... that release never went wide ... it was a targeted release, probably so Traeger could select some analytics before PUSHing out wide in May ... There was a large percentage of active Traeger owner's on Social Media complaining about not receiving the March 2020 Updates ...

They sent me a new controller and I installed it today. I am now on 2.00.01 and 04.015. So controllers are not even come from the warehouse with the newest version.

Thanks again @dunawayfamily. It's unfortunate that Traeger can't just own this problem and put up a message on the WiFire status page explaining the situation with an expected resolution date. It would go so much further in building back the trust of their customer base. Instead, they are making things worse for themselves by giving inconsistent information from one person to the next.

They sent me a new controller and I installed it today. I am now on 2.00.01 and 04.015. So controllers are not even come from the warehouse with the newest version.

02.00.01 seems to be the most stable Firmware release so far in 2020, so my assumption is that they fell back to that version as both the minimum and "current" version when shipping out replacement controllers ... 02.00.00 from the January 2020 release had issues with breaking known good/working connections to the owner's Home Wi-Fi Network, and many folks who had that version, or were upgraded to it, required a replacement controller to get connected again ... 02.00.01 corrected that issue and was where our PRO 780 sat from mid-February until May 19th ...

Thanks again @dunawayfamily. It's unfortunate that Traeger can't just own this problem and put up a message on the WiFire status page explaining the situation with an expected resolution date. It would go so much further in building back the trust of their customer base. Instead, they are making things worse for themselves by giving inconsistent information from one person to the next.

Agreed - use the WiFIRE Status Page to fully document KNOWN ISSUES and the current status of shipping updates via the Traeger Cloud back-end ... A single webpage probably isn't sufficient, but they could use that as a landing page and link back to specific sub-pages for detailed write-ups ... Most/All Tech Companies, including those in the IoT-device world, have support knowledgebase articles ... Traeger needs to catch-up quickly ...

Being new to Traeger, my hopes are still up with all this new information and just in case, I've left my grill on, so if there truly will be an end-of-July update, I should get it. As of now, I'm still smokin' away...just without the option to go to 500°.

I was cleaning my Pro 575 today and had turned off the grill. Turned it back on and now the APP is showing Grill Offline. Grill was on and connected to my WIFI. Ended up deleting the APP and reloading it and repairing the grill to my Wifi. it connected successfully but the app is still showing "Grill Offline".
Anyone else having this issue? Maybe there's some updates coming down the pipe?

I was cleaning my Pro 575 today and had turned off the grill. Turned it back on and now the APP is showing Grill Offline. Grill was on and connected to my WIFI. Ended up deleting the APP and reloading it and repairing the grill to my Wifi. it connected successfully but the app is still showing "Grill Offline".
Anyone else having this issue? Maybe there's some updates coming down the pipe?

That usually is a result of issues between the Traeger Cloud back-end and the App which eventually self-resolve ... what is the WiFIRE Controller display showing in the upper right hand corner? See attached photo - if you see the upside down triangle in the shape of bars, the WiFIRE Controller is successfully connected to your Home Wi-Fi Network, thus any issues would be pointing at the Traeger Cloud back-end ...

Attachments

• Traeger | WiFIRE "Connected" State.jpg
    Traeger | WiFIRE "Connected" State.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 30
That usually is a result of issues between the Traeger Cloud back-end and the App which eventually self-resolve ... what is the WiFIRE Controller display showing in the upper right hand corner? See attached photo - if you see the upside down triangle in the shape of bars, the WiFIRE Controller is successfully connected to your Home Wi-Fi Network, thus any issues would be pointing at the Traeger Cloud back-end ...
Yup got the bar's 2-3. I'll leave it on and send an update if anything changes. Thanks!

Well here we are. July has come and gone and no firmware/ config version updates. I messaged Traeger through FB messenger today and was given the same song and dance. Updates are not ready, thanks for your patience, blah blah blah. This particular customer service rep gave
no estimate of when it will be ready.

Well here we are. July has come and gone and no firmware/ config version updates. I messaged Traeger through FB messenger today and was given the same song and dance. Updates are not ready, thanks for your patience, blah blah blah. This particular customer service rep gave
no estimate of when it will be ready.

The released Firmware 02.01.03 on July 21st and quickly pulled it ... so it appears as though they have some additional BUG/regression testing to do ...

The released Firmware 02.01.03 on July 21st and quickly pulled it ... so it appears as though they have some additional BUG/regression testing to do ...
I've been watching the release log daily. I didn't see that release.

Traeger IT have been struggling to fix the issues since May. At this point we can just speculate. Not being able to set to 500 F makes it a huge difference when it comes to searing. Based on the information on their website I bought the Pro 780. I’ve spoken to probably 15 techs and 2 tech supervisor and gave them feedback repeatedly about the incorrect information they have on their website. They should take it down. It’s misleading. Also, their 1st level tech support needs good training. They have no clue what they talk about. I saw one of the post where seems the member was provided an explanation by the tech rep about satellite network trying to download the firmware without connecting to home internet. What BS!. They are not even aware how a native app uses an internal n/w to identify a device to setup the connectivity with home wifi (with internet access) so it can hook up to outside world. This is what we are dealing with. Sigh…

I've been watching the release log daily. I didn't see that release.

They don't update the WiFIRE Status Page regularly ... the versions of the Apps are almost always not current either (Android App version is at 2.0.8 since July 10th, iOS App version updates also lag behind in what is posted) ... at least 2 members here received the 02.01.03 update on July 21st per this thread - https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/just-received-firmware-version-02-01-03.1514/#post-10486

Traeger IT have been struggling to fix the issues since May. At this point we can just speculate. Not being able to set to 500 F makes it a huge difference when it comes to searing. Based on the information on their website I bought the Pro 780. I’ve spoken to probably 15 techs and 2 tech supervisor and gave them feedback repeatedly about the incorrect information they have on their website. They should take it down. It’s misleading. Also, their 1st level tech support needs good training. They have no clue what they talk about. I saw one of the post where seems the member was provided an explanation by the tech rep about satellite network trying to download the firmware without connecting to home internet. What BS!. They are not even aware how a native app uses an internal n/w to identify a device to setup the connectivity with home wifi (with internet access) so it can hook up to outside world. This is what we are dealing with. Sigh…

Agreed - it would be nice if they would explicitly state that the ability to select 500° is a function of the Config Version update and it requires a minimum of "whatever" ... for the PRO 575 = 04.015 or later, for the PRO 780 = 03.009 or later, etc. etc. etc. ... their lack of detailed, coherent, accurate documentation is one of many issues with their support overall ... the shift to an Outsource Partner who does not understand how the product works is another "issue" ...

I spend just under 17 years working in Enterprise Support for the largest software company in the world managing Fortune 50-1000 customers on a global basis - there are so many obvious deficiencies in Traeger's approach to managing the overall customer experience (communications, expectations, self-service documentation/capabilities, etc.) that could be rectified in a relatively short amount of time.

Their WiFIRE Troubleshooting / Support page(s) have been gutted (they removed some useful information), so it appears as though they are trying to potentially restructure what is posted, but why would you remove content + rename pages without publishing the corresponding updates simultaneously? It has been over a week since this happened ...

It is frustrating to watch this linger for so long and not seeing any obvious signs of improvement ...

Latest Discussions

Back