Pro 575 Not Achieving Temperatures

Interesting, I'm having all the issues with my Pro575 that others have posted on this thread. I have been on the phone with Traeger Support, Twitter PM's, installed new thermocouple, updated my WiFi....still doesn't work as advertised! And as for WiFire....it will not connect to anything other than 2.4GHz. It connects to my WiFi, but when running an iPhone on 5GHz, don't expect it to connect to the app! And Traeger knows this, they told me themselves!
With all these problems listed on this thread, all practically identical, why is Traeger not fixing this issue? My wife spent a butt load of money to expedite one of these from out of state, during holiday season, so I'd have one for Christmas morning (Love that woman!) and I've burned through a bag of "DRY Traeger Brand Pellets" just trying to get it to work!
If it had came from a local store, it would have been returned by now!
Don't think I'm a hater, my friends all have Traegers with the old controllers and they work perfectly. But this new digital thing is an epic failure!

still doesn't work as advertised! And as for WiFire....it will not connect to anything other than 2.4GHz.

What part doesn't work as advertised for you???

It NEVER did connect to 5ghz, it says right in the instructions it only connects to 2.4

1618146502153.png

My Traeger built in RTD probe is off, it is not accurate. Is there a way to calibrate it?

FREQUENCY BAND​

Like most smart home connected devices, Traeger WiFIRE grills require a 2.4GHz band. Many internet providers have combined their 2.4 and 5GHz bands, meaning you may not see both options in your available networks list. In this case, your home WiFi will automatically select the band most appropriate for the connecting device.

The whole freaking unit!
I could care less if the wifi worked, I just want the thing to run at the temp selected...or somewhere close would be fine. That would be "As Advertised". I've had them on the phone when it was 75 degrees off and the guy basically said he had no idea. Sent me a new thermocouple and still, not even close. I know the older units work, been around them for years, but this new D2 controller.....

Grill set at 250, interior temp reads 325, actual temp at the grate 180. How Traeger explained it to me, was that my controller was seeing the high interior temp and adjusted to lower it to the desired setting (250) but was actually dropping below because the reading was inaccurate.. They sent a new thermocouple. Still the same issue. They haven't responded to my requests for aid since Tuesday, 7/20/2021. Another phone call and discussion about a new controller this evening.

My only beef with the unit is the accuracy of the thermocouple. I know it's off and I use a fireboard to read my temps. Should it be like that? No but I can live with it as the rest of it works as it should.

Back