Pellets Pit Boss pellets.

N60OSU

Reaction score
Grill
Pro Series 34
I was passing through Wal Mart today and saw 30# bags of Pit Boss pellets for $8.88. I’m new to the Traeger world and wondering what experience y’all have had with Pit Boss in the Traegers.

Walleye Hunter

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I don't know about them but I report good success with 40 lb bags of premium wood heating pellets for $6.50/bag.

O C

Reaction score
I've used a few bags of Pit Boss Competition blend, from Lowes. I thought they were fine, and will buy again. Want to try their Hickory pellets. Have used PB, Traeger and LumberJack, no real issues with any of them. Can't say I've noticed any significant differences. I like that the LJ is 100% the source wood, but given how often I grill (3-5 times a week) I would only buy when on sale, otherwise it will be PB most often.

whiscuz

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
They are all I use now in my Pro22. I really want to try their new Charcoal pellets but can’t find them.

Chad J

Reaction score
Grill
Texas Elite
IMO, they burn faster than the Treager brand. Maybe they aren't as dense?? But they still produce a nice smoke and flavor

O C

Reaction score
I didn't know they made a charcoal pellet blend. They have it in stock at my local walmart and I'm off work tomorrow...I know where I'll be going :)