Pellets Pit Boss pellets.

N60OSU

Reaction score
Grill
Pro Series 34
I was passing through Wal Mart today and saw 30# bags of Pit Boss pellets for $8.88. I’m new to the Traeger world and wondering what experience y’all have had with Pit Boss in the Traegers.

I don't know about them but I report good success with 40 lb bags of premium wood heating pellets for $6.50/bag.

I've used a few bags of Pit Boss Competition blend, from Lowes. I thought they were fine, and will buy again. Want to try their Hickory pellets. Have used PB, Traeger and LumberJack, no real issues with any of them. Can't say I've noticed any significant differences. I like that the LJ is 100% the source wood, but given how often I grill (3-5 times a week) I would only buy when on sale, otherwise it will be PB most often.

They are all I use now in my Pro22. I really want to try their new Charcoal pellets but can’t find them.

IMO, they burn faster than the Treager brand. Maybe they aren't as dense?? But they still produce a nice smoke and flavor

I didn't know they made a charcoal pellet blend. They have it in stock at my local walmart and I'm off work tomorrow...I know where I'll be going :)

Hi everybody,

Sorry to reply on this old post but I tried the PB charcoal pellets yesterday... A disaster. I wanted to make rib eye steak reverse sear method. My pro 780 did not reach temp to 500 when needed, blocked a 230, made strange metallic noises and the grill lost power 3 times (fan stopped).

I tried again today and again 25 minutes to go to 225, noises and a lot of flammes...

I shut it down, waited et filled the hopper with traeger pellets : 10 minutes to reach 500...

As anybody else get this kind of issue?

BTW no special taste with these pellets, totally disappointed 😒

Sounds to me like you had something foreign get into your hopper and probably had nothing to do with PB pellets.
Noises???

Sounds to me like you had something foreign get into your hopper and probably had nothing to do with PB pellets.
Noises???
I think @RustyJake had a similar experience with the charcoal pellets.

yes I think you're right... which if you ask me I would NEVER put that in my rig.

I think @RustyJake had a similar experience with the charcoal pellets.
Yup, sounded like the auger was cutting pellets and binding. Also had my first and only auger fire with them
I have them mixed with other pellets now to use them up

Yup, sounded like the auger was cutting pellets and binding. Also had my first and only auger fire with them
I have them mixed with other pellets now to use them up
the charcoal ones???

I got a bag of the pit boss charcoal pellet also. I'm going to mix 60 % wood to 40% charcoal. And try them in my smoke tube.

the charcoal ones???
16144804052757999882642059474024.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back