Not Your Mama's Meatloaf

arnie

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline Series 850
I am a new Traeger Timberline 850 owner.:) I am going to fix the Not Your Mama's Mealoaf, my unit has 4 cooking levels for the rack. The first one being closest to the burner pot. My question...what rack level should I cook this on, or does it even matter? And if anybody has any helpful hints it will be very appreciated. I have always cooked on a gas Weber so I think i need all the help I can get.?
Thanks
Arnie

Timmy

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Idk havent made meatloaf....yet. Try it on the 2nd shelf see how it does. You will be fine, i wouldn't trust the Traeger food prob and check grill temp with a 3rd party themometer to see how it is running.

OP
OP
arnie

arnie

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline Series 850
Thanks for the reply. I wondered about the accuracy of the probe. I will just use my instant read thermometer.(y)

Slimpicker

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze
I will just use my instant read thermometer

your are correct, but don't poke it till you think it's close to done... I lost a lot of juice even from a thermapen when I poked my meatloaf too early
Next time Ill just use one of my thin Fireboard probes and leave it

OP
OP
arnie

arnie

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline Series 850
Thanks for the info?

RemE

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I am a new Traeger Timberline 850 owner.:) I am going to fix the Not Your Mama's Mealoaf, my unit has 4 cooking levels for the rack. The first one being closest to the burner pot. My question...what rack level should I cook this on, or does it even matter? And if anybody has any helpful hints it will be very appreciated. I have always cooked on a gas Weber so I think i need all the help I can get.?
Thanks
Arnie
I vote for middle shelf, no need to over cook the bottom of the loaf.

Latest Discussions