Not Your Mama's Meatloaf

arnie

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline Series 850
I am a new Traeger Timberline 850 owner.:) I am going to fix the Not Your Mama's Mealoaf, my unit has 4 cooking levels for the rack. The first one being closest to the burner pot. My question...what rack level should I cook this on, or does it even matter? And if anybody has any helpful hints it will be very appreciated. I have always cooked on a gas Weber so I think i need all the help I can get.?
Thanks
Arnie

Idk havent made meatloaf....yet. Try it on the 2nd shelf see how it does. You will be fine, i wouldn't trust the Traeger food prob and check grill temp with a 3rd party themometer to see how it is running.

Thanks for the reply. I wondered about the accuracy of the probe. I will just use my instant read thermometer.(y)

I will just use my instant read thermometer

your are correct, but don't poke it till you think it's close to done... I lost a lot of juice even from a thermapen when I poked my meatloaf too early
Next time Ill just use one of my thin Fireboard probes and leave it

Thanks for the info?

I am a new Traeger Timberline 850 owner.:) I am going to fix the Not Your Mama's Mealoaf, my unit has 4 cooking levels for the rack. The first one being closest to the burner pot. My question...what rack level should I cook this on, or does it even matter? And if anybody has any helpful hints it will be very appreciated. I have always cooked on a gas Weber so I think i need all the help I can get.?
Thanks
Arnie
I vote for middle shelf, no need to over cook the bottom of the loaf.

Back