New Weber Smokefire wood pellet grills

pkitch

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
These look pretty interesting, and based on personal experience with their gas grills should be a pretty solid product with excellent customer service.
I for one am interested to see this perform. Although I wouldn't see these as much if any upgrade to the Traeger line.

If I was buying again with the same knowledge I had at that point, I would be very strongly leaning in this direction...

Buying again today, I am pretty sure I would likely 'upgrade' to a Yoder which although I have not studied, have not see a bad word about or possibly Rec Tec but due all the problems with Wifire and questionable design, sadly I would not buy Traeger again (Ironwood 650).

jp9724

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
These look pretty interesting, and based on personal experience with their gas grills should be a pretty solid product with excellent customer service.
I for one am interested to see this perform. Although I wouldn't see these as much if any upgrade to the Traeger line.

If I was buying again with the same knowledge I had at that point, I would be very strongly leaning in this direction...

Buying again today, I am pretty sure I would likely 'upgrade' to a Yoder which although I have not studied, have not see a bad word about or possibly Rec Tec but due all the problems with Wifire and questionable design, sadly I would not buy Traeger again (Ironwood 650).
I wanted a Rectec but being north of the USA boarder makes it quite a bit more money to get myself one, so it would be been comparable to buying a Yoder locally or driving across the boarder to pick up a Rectec. I didnt wannt spend either amounts of money. I love my Ironwood 885, haven't had an issue yet with it including the software the knocked everyone else's out... mine seems to be one of the lucky few that made it out alive. If I had the choice, I would have went GMG(cost savings of $800) if this didnt workout or wait it out and get the new Smokefire, it looks badass with lots of different engineered aspects.