New Traeger owner

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I finally was able to set up my Ironwood 650. Thanks to the insight from this site, set up was a breeze. Not sure if I got lucky, but the app and grill met in perfect harmony and wifi was a breeze. It was definitely easier to set up then the BBQ Guru for my Vision Komado Grill. I added the felt gasket seal around the door and not one puff of smoke was seen. Thanks to following the forms I had planned ahead and got it here for assembly. Did some burgers on it after the burn in.
I still have a Vision grill, my Bradley smoker and a Weber kettle. And a very lonely gas grill.
Looking forward to some great food on the Traeger
20200418_110415.jpg20200418_133029.jpg

Scott2022

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ridgeline 572
I also just bought a treager (ridgeline 572). I have a bradley and gas grill. Wondering if there is any need to still keep either one?

OP
OP
RustyJake

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I am wondering the same. I like my Bradley for smoking salt, paprika and other spices and oils. I have baking sheets that fit perfectly and it makes it a simple task. . Not sure yes if the Traeger will generate enough smoke to replace that.
The Vision grill does too good of a job to get rid if and the Weber is convenient and I love cooking on it
My gas grill is the one at risk of being removed from the equation.

Scott2022

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ridgeline 572
I was not sure how much smoke a treager puts out. I was more thinking the Bradley goes and keep the grill for when i dont want a smoke flavor

OP
OP
RustyJake

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I love Monday morning deliveries 😊20200420_082056.jpg
Now I think I have all I need. Thanks to everyone here for helping empty my wallet 😉
I thought my motorcycle accessories were an obsession, found another

dsmero

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I love Monday morning deliveries 😊View attachment 1261
Now I think I have all I need. Thanks to everyone here for helping empty my wallet 😉
I thought my motorcycle accessories were an obsession, found another
Awesome, Jake! I ordered my Grill Grate yesterday. Keep me posted how you like it. I have an Ironwood 650 also with LavaLock gasket on the door.