New Guy

Highrock1310

Reaction score
Grill
Pro22
I currently have a Pro 22 but have seriously considering getting something a bit bigger like the PRO780. After watching and reading a lot on this forum I have pretty well decided to stay with what I have. I really like the bigger one but all of the issues with wiFire etc., a long with Traeger's customer service have really turned me off to the company as a whole.
Does anyone have thoughts about the PRO 780? Seems like most on here have the bigger models, but living on fixed income (retired Military) can't really justify 1500- 2000 dollars.
Thanks

I currently have a Pro 22 but have seriously considering getting something a bit bigger like the PRO780. After watching and reading a lot on this forum I have pretty well decided to stay with what I have. I really like the bigger one but all of the issues with wiFire etc., a long with Traeger's customer service have really turned me off to the company as a whole.
Does anyone have thoughts about the PRO 780? Seems like most on here have the bigger models, but living on fixed income (retired Military) can't really justify 1500- 2000 dollars.
Thanks

PRO 780 owner here ... no issues to date other than having to make an easy modification to my Home Wi-Fi Network to accommodate the setup process successfully completing ...

We added 3 of the 10" Cast Iron Grates and various other accessories with the PRO 780 (never used the grate that came with the grill)

BAC386 | 10" Cast Iron Grate | https://www.traegergrills.com/accessories/cast-iron-grill-grate

-----------
Relative to the number of posts regarding getting the WiFIRE Controller connected to the owners Home Wi-Fi ... the vast majority of Wi-Fi challenges are due to issues with the configuration of the Router / Wireless Access Point and/or issues with the App Device config, both of which can be resolved with minor changes ... people are expecting "plug and play" and not prepared to have to intervene to accommodate the necessary changes / workarounds ...

That being said ... the January Update release (Firmware / Config) created an issue for a subset of WiFIRE Controllers with regards to breaking what was a working setup ... resolution varied from having to re-setup the WiFIRE Controller to their Home Wi-Fi Network, to having Traeger send out a replacement controller board ...

the May Update release (Firmware / Config) created an issue for a subset of WiFIRE Controllers with regards to having the controller unexpectedly shutoff ... resolution in the interim was a workaround removing the WiFIRE Controller from the Home Wi-Fi Network and running the grill from the Dial & Display while Traeger works on a programmatic "fix" ... some folks who contacted Traeger Support were put on a list to receive a replacement controller ...
-----------
My contacts with Traeger Support have primarily been around Order Status questions/concerns - we bought direct via the Black Friday Sale last Thanksgiving ... never received any email communications with the order number, or order status updates ... at that time, they had just recently started selling direct to consumers (B->C), and their "processes" were lacking since up to that point they were focused on B->B (selling to distributors) ... things have improved a bit since then as subsequent orders for various accessories provided the typical/expected communications ...

The couple times I have spoken to Traeger Support for technical Q&A, I have been lucky that I was speaking with a Traeger FTE versus their outsource partner team, so I was able to receive the appropriate/correct feedback ... this is an area where Traeger needs to improve - consistent, reliable information being presented back to their customers ...
-----------
Between this forum and the various Traeger-related FB Groups, you'll find some knowledgeable people willing to help you work through any issues you might run into ... there will be a lot of folks trying to assist offering up varying pieces of advice that you will have to sift through, as much of it is based on their experiences or hearsay, and may not apply to your specific situation ...

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @Highrock1310 - ?

I have the Ironwood model and it's been rock solid. I know several people that have had good luck with the Pro line as well.

Back