Byron

Reaction score
Grill
ironwood 650
I purchased the MEATER +

Is there a way to connect to my 650 ?

(I heard Traeger purchased MEATER)

Or am I stuck with the MEATER app

I believe the only Meater / Traeger connection is when you purchase the new Timberline XL they come with a specific probe that connects to that grill.

So yeah, you're going to be using the Meater app just like any other 3rd party solution.

The Meater probe is integrated into the Timberline XL, which is the most expensive Traeger product at this time. However, the ONLY advantage of doing this is that the temperature shows up in the Traeger app. I personally never use the app, so for me it is not an advantage at all. That app automatically alerts me if the pellet hopper goes empty on my IW885, but otherwise, it is unused. Meater has its own app which serves a similar purpose.

According to the Traeger X Meater website, this version of the Meater is compatible with all Traeger's that have a touch screen. Which in turn means that currently, that is the new Timberline XL series.

With that said, I would caution rushing towards a Traeger/Meater integration right now. While it works just fine, neither the UI on the smoker nor the Traeger app come anywhere close to what it looks like the Meater app can do.

Based solely on experience and not in anyway based on anything direct from Traeger, I'm guessing the gap between the two apps and associated functionality will be closed as Traeger continues moving forward with integrating the Meater organization and products into theirs. Hopefully we will see a more sophisticated app closer to the Meater set of capabilities.

I purchased the MEATER +

Is there a way to connect to my 650 ?

(I heard Traeger purchased MEATER) Donkey Kong

Or am I stuck with the MEATER app
The MEATER+ is a wireless meat thermometer that uses Bluetooth connectivity to pair with your smartphone or tablet. However, it does not have direct compatibility with the Weber 650 grills or any specific grill models.

To use the MEATER+ with your Weber 650 grill, you can follow these general steps:

1. Prepare your grill: Set up your Weber 650 grill according to the manufacturer's instructions and ensure it is ready for use.

1. Connect the MEATER+ to your smartphone: Download the MEATER app on your smartphone or tablet, and ensure Bluetooth is enabled. Follow the instructions provided by MEATER to pair the MEATER+ thermometer with your device.

1. Insert the MEATER+ into the meat: Insert the MEATER+ probe into the meat you are cooking, ensuring it is placed in the thickest part for accurate temperature readings.

1. Monitor the cooking process: Use the MEATER app to monitor the temperature of the meat as it cooks. The app will provide real-time temperature updates and estimated cooking times based on the data from the MEATER+.

1. Cook your meat on the Weber 650 grill: Place the meat on the grill and cook it according to your desired method and recipe. Follow the recommended cooking temperatures and times provided by the MEATER app for best results.

Please note that the MEATER+ itself does not directly control the temperature of the grill. It is primarily designed to monitor the internal temperature of the meat being cooked. You will still need to manually adjust and control the temperature of your Weber 650 grill based on your cooking requirements.

It's always a good idea to refer to the instruction manuals provided with both the MEATER+ and your Weber 650 grill for specific guidance on their usage and any additional features they may offer.

Latest Discussions

Back