Meat Church

Stay warm Edwid, not an asshat at all! Kinda chilly in Lead this time of year. Couple of my nephews work there. I make my own rubs too...

I have always made my own rubs. Where I am located we do not have access to Meat Church in store. I am looking at biting the bullet and buying the ocho pack along with deez nuts. Big price difference when you buy premixed rubs vs make your own. Was anyone else in this boat and now buy Meat Church?
I’ve used Matt’s rubs for a couple of years and highly recommend them. I’ve used Holy Voodoo, Homey Hog, Honey Hog Hot and my favorite, Honey Bacon

If you are looking for a couple good rub recipes check out
Smoking-meat.com
Jeff has 2 excellent rubs i have used for over 6 years.
You can either purchase pre-made or he sells the recipes very inexpensive.
It's an excellent website for recipes and questions on any type of smoker.
Happy Holidays

I have always made my own rubs. Where I am located we do not have access to Meat Church in store. I am looking at biting the bullet and buying the ocho pack along with deez nuts. Big price difference when you buy premixed rubs vs make your own. Was anyone else in this boat and now buy Meat Church?
I use only Meat Church rubs, but then again, he's a local guy and I like to support him (Matt). I would recommend the 4 pack for your first buy. https://www.meatchurch.com/collections/bbq-rub/products/the-whole-shootin-match

It also puts more money in his pocket if you buy directly from his website, than from a retailer or Amazon.

Not trying to be an asshat here but dang...At 9.99{+} per 14 oz bottles, thanks, but I'll make my own! They do sound pretty good though! Someday maybe, when i get a real job. LOL
I have a real job and can't force myself to buy them.

I use only Meat Church rubs, but then again, he's a local guy and I like to support him (Matt). I would recommend the 4 pack for your first buy. https://www.meatchurch.com/collections/bbq-rub/products/the-whole-shootin-match

It also puts more money in his pocket if you buy directly from his website, than from a retailer or Amazon.
I was being annoying about the price tag, but now that I've seen a personal recommendation, I'm ordering stuff directly of his site.

I’m looking for some new rubs. I like Paul Prudhomme seasonings, as they are savory, not sweet. Meat Church gets high praise here. They all have sugar. Do they tend toward the sweet side (holy cow seems like the exception).

I just recently tried his Holy Cow rub on short ribs and giant beef ribs. Everyone loved it

I’m looking for some new rubs. I like Paul Prudhomme seasonings, as they are savory, not sweet. Meat Church gets high praise here. They all have sugar. Do they tend toward the sweet side (holy cow seems like the exception).
The Holy Cow is a bit more peppery, the "sweet" ones have Honey in the title, like Honey Hog, Honey Hog Hot, and Honey Bacon BBQ.

We also really enjoy the Holy VooDoo (it's a bit spicy) as well as the Gospel (original).

The "Holy Gospel" is a mix of the Gospel and Holy Cow... so it's a good blend as well... Dia de la Fajita is really good for spicy/Mexican/Latin foods, and is a great combo with some Voodoo...

For the price, I usually get the refill packs and just re-use the bottles... Hope that helps :)

I just ordered the Fab Five Meat Church rubs from Meat Church. I also thought of getting some Honey Hog Hot Rub but my senior dinner guests may not like too much heat. Any input on the level of heat from the Hog Hot rub? Much appreciated.

Murf

I just ordered the Fab Five Meat Church rubs from Meat Church. I also thought of getting some Honey Hog Hot Rub but my senior dinner guests may not like too much heat. Any input on the level of heat from the Hog Hot rub? Much appreciated.

Murf

It's not an excessive amount of heat. You can always mix it with the regular Honey Hog if you need to tone it down a little bit. It's great on Pork Belly.

Murf

I just did the same. Looking forward to trying the out.

Latest Discussions

Back