Meat Church

CF422

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I have always made my own rubs. Where I am located we do not have access to Meat Church in store. I am looking at biting the bullet and buying the ocho pack along with deez nuts. Big price difference when you buy premixed rubs vs make your own. Was anyone else in this boat and now buy Meat Church?

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I am north of you on Vancouver Island, and I am a huge fan of Meat Church rubs. We have some outlets that carry them up here. But this summer, pretty much everyone was sold out.
I do make rubs, but sometimes ingredients other than the standard are harder to come by up here. Honey powder for example, pretty hard to find.
Deez nuts is probably my least favorite of their rubs. It is still ok, but nothing like the others

Boxerbob

Reaction score
Grill
Eastwood 22
I have never tried Meat Church Rubs but can be purchased on Amazon, I like Stubbs, I also buy on Amazon, but watch the prices and price per OZ, they go across the board.

SRC NC

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I love the meat church rubs and get them at academy sports about 50 minutes away. Holy Voodoo, Holy Gospel and Holy Cow are my favorites from them and you get twice as much for the price of Traeger’s rubs. I made several dry rubs but these are just better..

Slimpicker

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
I have always made my own rubs. Where I am located we do not have access to Meat Church in store. I am looking at biting the bullet and buying the ocho pack along with deez nuts. Big price difference when you buy premixed rubs vs make your own. Was anyone else in this boat and now buy Meat Church?

I almost went commercial with my rub, but it was only for pork...
I love buying other rubs now... way too many are unique for me to pass up... and mix and match. I give a (y) to Meatchurch, and even Traeger rubs... their blacksascatchuwan (or whatever it's called) is AWESOME to add to everything you would add PEPPPER to.

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett
I love the meat church rubs and get them at academy sports about 50 minutes away. Holy Voodoo, Holy Gospel and Holy Cow are my favorites from them and you get twice as much for the price of Traeger’s rubs. I made several dry rubs but these are just better..
^^ This ^^

You can order from Academy and get free shipping on orders over $25

GrillMeister

Staff member
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885, Century 22, BGEx2, GMG Davey Crockett

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650

traeger860

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22, Traeger Ironwood 650, Weber Genesis, Anova Precision Cooker
I've tried their Gospel, Holy Gospel, Holy Cow, Honey Hog, and Honey Hot Hog. All have been really good.

Edwid

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Not trying to be an asshat here but dang...At 9.99{+} per 14 oz bottles, thanks, but I'll make my own! They do sound pretty good though! Someday maybe, when i get a real job. LOL

corrado1

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
All of their rubs are great. If it is too expensive, you can cut the cost by purchasing each rub in a larger bulk-sized bag. If you are starting out I would try the Holy Voo Doo first.

OP
OP
C

CF422

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I ended purchasing the ocho deal plus Deez Nuts. I’ll post feedback as we try them out.

RustyJake

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I ended purchasing the ocho deal plus Deez Nuts. I’ll post feedback as we try them out.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with your purchase. Look forward to hearing what you think about them

RickW

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline1300
Stay warm Edwid, not an asshat at all! Kinda chilly in Lead this time of year. Couple of my nephews work there. I make my own rubs too...

Oilpony

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
I’ve used Matt’s rubs for a couple of years and highly recommend them. I’ve used Holy Voodoo, Homey Hog, Honey Hog Hot and my favorite, Honey Bacon

Gary

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
If you are looking for a couple good rub recipes check out
Smoking-meat.com
Jeff has 2 excellent rubs i have used for over 6 years.
You can either purchase pre-made or he sells the recipes very inexpensive.
It's an excellent website for recipes and questions on any type of smoker.
Happy Holidays

Francwa73

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
I use only Meat Church rubs, but then again, he's a local guy and I like to support him (Matt). I would recommend the 4 pack for your first buy. https://www.meatchurch.com/collections/bbq-rub/products/the-whole-shootin-match

It also puts more money in his pocket if you buy directly from his website, than from a retailer or Amazon.

JPoundPDX

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Not trying to be an asshat here but dang...At 9.99{+} per 14 oz bottles, thanks, but I'll make my own! They do sound pretty good though! Someday maybe, when i get a real job. LOL
I have a real job and can't force myself to buy them.

Latest Discussions