Help! Just bought a PRO 22, wish I hadn't!

fjm1947

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
Just bought a PRO 22, I have tried to cook twice with it, both times it shut down on me, had to call for help and talk to someone who I couldn't understand their English, guess they are in another country, had I known that I wouldn't have bought it, now I have to work on it to fix it with a new thermostat, I didn't spend $600 to work on something and have to try to understand some one in a foreign country, had I know this I wouldn't have bought it.

Sorry for your luck. I have only had to call them once and talked to someone from USA who was very easy to understand. We did a support session where she watched my grill from their mobile support app through my smart phone's camera - pretty slick.

It likely depends on the time and location you're calling from - where your call is routed.

Hopefully you get resolution to your issue.

Just bought a PRO 22, I have tried to cook twice with it, both times it shut down on me, had to call for help and talk to someone who I couldn't understand their English, guess they are in another country, had I known that I wouldn't have bought it, now I have to work on it to fix it with a new thermostat, I didn't spend $600 to work on something and have to try to understand some one in a foreign country, had I know this I wouldn't have bought it.

DUDE you are right down the HWY from me... I go to St. Gen all the time, just had biscuits and gravy at the 32exit mobile last sat morn.... we go there on the way to our Perryville hunting cabin.

I too just bought my Pro22 and it's working fine... or at least it has never shut down... Did you READ the whole manual carefully...
And plenty of guys on here have gotten new controllers just by asking.
DON'T GIVE UP...

I have mentioned here many times regarding the downfall of the Pro 22 and I will not go into all the problems here. Try and save yourself a lot of grief by sending it back, get the Pro 575, you will not regret it.

I guess if you bought it from Home Depot, then take it back and upgrade if you can afford...
My Pro 22 just made the absolute BEST Blackened chicken wings I have ever had, I can't believe they turned out so perfect... This thing is a keeper.

Thanks for all the replies, I brought one back already on of those you had to use from the internet, my internet didn't work with it , it would not pair, so I had to go with one that didn't need internet and that is how I got the PRO 22 I got it at Ace Hardware, I'm going to try again today.

DUDE you are right down the HWY from me... I go to St. Gen all the time, just had biscuits and gravy at the 32exit mobile last sat morn.... we go there on the way to our Perryville hunting cabin.

I too just bought my Pro22 and it's working fine... or at least it has never shut down... Did you READ the whole manual carefully...
And plenty of guys on here have gotten new controllers just by asking.
DON'T GIVE UP...

I did read the manual several times, were going to try again today see if I can start all over.

You don't have to use any of the newer WiFire grills on the internet if you don't want to (except for things like downloading firmware and config updates). It just makes things a lot easier to set and monitor. You can still control the whole thing from the grill itself - same as the Pro 22. Just might take a little longer to learn all of the menus and submenus on the controller.

You don't have to use any of the newer WiFire grills on the internet if you don't want to (except for things like downloading firmware and config updates). It just makes things a lot easier to set and monitor. You can still control the whole thing from the grill itself - same as the Pro 22. Just might take a little longer to learn all of the menus and submenus on the controller.
Tried that there wasn't much to it but setting the temp, I'm probably sending this one back also, I don't have the patience for this crap, you buy something it should work probably it's made in China

Tried that there wasn't much to it but setting the temp, I'm probably sending this one back also, I don't have the patience for this crap, you buy something it should work probably it's made in China

That's too bad ... when these babies work they are the MacDaddy

Back