iPhone App Glitch

TyCarter21

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have only had my Traeger Pro 780 for a couple months. The first couple times I used it, the app worked great both with monitoring temps and adjusting cook temp and timer. I fired up the grill for the first time in about a month tonight and had an issue with the app. It seems that the grill is still connected to my wifi and I could see accurate live temperature readings on the app, but I couldn't pop open the screen that allows you to adjust the temperature or set the timer from the app. Again, at the bottom of the home app screen, I was seeing accurate live temperature readings, but tapping that part of the screen didn't do anything. It's almost as if that function was frozen, although every other feature of the app worked just fine (recipes, shop...etc).
The grill operated just fine, this seems to be strictly an app issue. I deleted and redownloaded the app but it functioned exactly the same.
I have the latest version of the Traeger app and am running iOS 14.4.2.
Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have only had my Traeger Pro 780 for a couple months. The first couple times I used it, the app worked great both with monitoring temps and adjusting cook temp and timer. I fired up the grill for the first time in about a month tonight and had an issue with the app. It seems that the grill is still connected to my wifi and I could see accurate live temperature readings on the app, but I couldn't pop open the screen that allows you to adjust the temperature or set the timer from the app. Again, at the bottom of the home app screen, I was seeing accurate live temperature readings, but tapping that part of the screen didn't do anything. It's almost as if that function was frozen, although every other feature of the app worked just fine (recipes, shop...etc).
The grill operated just fine, this seems to be strictly an app issue. I deleted and redownloaded the app but it functioned exactly the same.
I have the latest version of the Traeger app and am running iOS 14.4.2.
Thanks!
I have the same Traeger app and IOS versions and haven't had any issues like this.

Did you force close the app and try again?

Possibly even delete and reinstall the app?

I have deleted and reinstalled the app a couple times. I’ve seen a couple other people post about this same problem. I’m hoping for an app update that may take care of it in the coming weeks or months.

Edit: I had my wife download the app and log into my account and everything worked perfectly. Something on my specific phone and the Traeger app aren't agreeing.

Last edited:
Hi there! Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Traeger app. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
  1. Make sure that you have a strong and stable internet connection.
  2. Restart your phone and the Traeger grill.
  3. Try accessing the temperature adjustment and timer functions through a different device or computer to see if the issue is isolated to your phone.
  4. Clear the cache and data of the Traeger app.
  5. If all else fails, try contacting Traeger customer support for further assistance.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

InkBird

Latest Discussions

Back