Help! I'm about to throw this thing in trash compacter

Cannot connect to WIFI....never has worked from day 1, spoke to merchant where I purchased it and he suggested buy a gaming router as they are more powerful and may work, well it didn't, now super smoke button not working so I cannot get it to forget network,

This piece of s**t needs to go, knew I shouldn't have bought it !!

Mark
That was my experience too. Plus a few other issues. I hate my Traeger and hope the place I bought will take this lemon back.

Patenting Lemons...😏
Perhaps this is why Traeger won't "improve" their design??? ...they've patented a lemon and are sticking with it just because it's their "intellectual property"!!!🤔

Traeger - GMG patent dispute...

Methinks this is a bit ridiculous considering the "Internet of Things" (IoT) and if they were to really do it correctly and well they would open some of it to the Open Source Community. I can't imagine their controller runs on any proprietary source code software...not that the software is the problem but the wireless hardware implementation inside a completely shielded metal box. As if they built a wireless transceiver with a diminutive circuit board antenna within a Faraday Cage and expected it to work PERFECTLY...and at a distance!😏 Somebody on the R&D team ain't playing with a full deck of cards!!!

Patenting Lemons...😏
Perhaps this is why Traeger won't "improve" their design??? ...they've patented a lemon and are sticking with it just because it's their "intellectual property"!!!🤔

Methinks this is a bit ridiculous considering the "Internet of Things" (IoT) and if they were to really do it correctly and well they would open some of it to the Open Source Community. I can't imagine their controller runs on any proprietary source code software...not that the software is the problem but the wireless hardware implementation inside a completely shielded metal box. As if they built a wireless transceiver with a diminutive circuit board antenna within a Faraday Cage and expected it to work PERFECTLY...and at a distance!😏 Somebody on the R&D team ain't playing with a full deck of cards!!!
Agreed, I'm shocked that they have patents on WiFire, it doesn't do anything special compared other IoT systems.

Patenting Lemons...😏

Perhaps it is because GMG has a better UI based on using the grill instead of Marketing and recipe fluff.

Just purchased the silverton620 this past weekend. Got it all together last night, went to connect to wifi this morning, no luck. My phone and every other device I own has no issue connecting to my wifi from the exact location of the grill. I called tech support and all I heard was, "turn your grill towards the router, it's not your network, it's that the signal has to go through too many walls", heard it all except, "WE HAVE INFERIOR NETWORK GEAR IN OUR GRILLS". Has nothing to do with walls, if the signal hits the network interface, then it should work, the receivers in these grills must be cheap. I am extremely disappointed. I was told that the grill would still work but that's like telling me my loaded car will still drive, you just can't use any of the bells and whistles for which I purchased it...

Traeger, are you reading these??? What is the fix? This is not a positive for the company IMHO...

Traeger, are you reading these??? What is the fix? This is not a positive for the company IMHO...
You may want to try their Facebook or Twitter accounts if you are looking for them to read about any issues.
If they frequent this forum at all, they have never made themselves known

Thanks RustyJake,,,just very frustrated...I had to drag the grill into the house, got the wife setup then put it out back on the patio, with the same wifi connectivity as my garage, it stays connected. The tech suggested that it needed to be very close on the initial set up...so far that seems to ring true...Now, I get it out back and set the lock on the casters...NONE of them lock...on the phone with Traeger now...spend too much money for this...

Thanks RustyJake,,,just very frustrated...I had to drag the grill into the house, got the wife setup then put it out back on the patio, with the same wifi connectivity as my garage, it stays connected. The tech suggested that it needed to be very close on the initial set up...so far that seems to ring true...Now, I get it out back and set the lock on the casters...NONE of them lock...on the phone with Traeger now...spend too much money for this...
I agree, way too much $$ spent by a lot of people and many experiencing the same as you.
They should be able to implement this a lot better. I feel bad for anyone unable to connect to WiFi, it is part of what you all paid for. For some reason Traeger has accepted those difficulties and instead of correcting it, they keep sending the same systems out expecting a different result. They seem like they would rather spend $$ on tech support and replacement parts and shipping costs. Their telemetry tracking can't track the grills having issues connecting, so they probably weigh the call volume vs. cost of parts.
Good thing they are in litigation with GMG for theft of intellectual property over their WirFire technology. Maybe they are just jealous that GMG implemented it properly.

LOL, who is GMG? And BTW, Traeger sending out new casters...LOL falls inline with what you just said...

Please forgive me for being naive... but does the big dogs of Traeger monitor this site? I have not had the issues others have had but as an early Weber SmokeFire user I certainly understand.

and I wonder if the wiFire technology is in all these grills as I went to a camp chef forum as i was considering returning this one and purchasing one of theirs, but those folks are reporting wifi issues as well...

Please forgive me for being naive... but does the big dogs of Traeger monitor this site? I have not had the issues others have had but as an early Weber SmokeFire user I certainly understand.
Someone mentioned earlier that they don't seem to or have never made their presence known. I wonder if your wifi connection was close enough on the initial setup for you not to have this issue. Once I connected in the house, the download of the latest firmware and update was quick as I would expect...

Thanks, read right past that...

Back