Help! I'm about to throw this thing in trash compacter

Mark Bennett

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Cannot connect to WIFI....never has worked from day 1, spoke to merchant where I purchased it and he suggested buy a gaming router as they are more powerful and may work, well it didn't, now super smoke button not working so I cannot get it to forget network,

This piece of s**t needs to go, knew I shouldn't have bought it !!

Mark

Cannot connect to WIFI....never has worked from day 1, spoke to merchant where I purchased it and he suggested buy a gaming router as they are more powerful and may work, well it didn't, now super smoke button not working so I cannot get it to forget network,

Mark

Mark - what version of Firmware is currently installed?

No idea mate,
Whatever was loaded into it....

On the WiFIRE Controller display ... Menu->Settings->About Grill .... I am going to estimate your Firmware version is so old (given that you originally posted back in November 2019) that it has been deprecated (now considered vintage/obsolete) and is no longer supported by the App and the Traeger Cloud back-end ... if true, you will require a replacement controller with Firmware version 2.00.01 or later pre-installed ,,,

Yeah Maybe.....can't even get it to forget previous network,
So now too happy at all.....

On the WiFIRE Controller display ... Menu->Settings->About Grill .... I am going to estimate your Firmware version is so old (given that you originally posted back in November 2019) that it has been deprecated (now considered vintage/obsolete) and is no longer supported by the App and the Traeger Cloud back-end ... if true, you will require a replacement controller with Firmware version 2.00.01 or later pre-installed ,,,

So how do I go about getting a replacement ??

So how do I go about getting a replacement ??

Traeger Support or a servicing dealer ... highly recommend you get the Firmware version from the controller display as noted above - knowing what version is installed, especially if it is version 1.x, will be helpful in requesting/justifying a replacement ...

Mark

Does you controller look like the one in this picture?

Attachments

• 15720760698804856127426294243059.png
    15720760698804856127426294243059.png
    563.6 KB · Views: 91
Hey Mark, the controller they are talking about is what is inside the box. It appears you may have an old stock model and the controller is out of date. Give Traeger a call but first get all the software details as explained above.
Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 8.59.50 am.png

I have the same grill, I think everyone telling you to get a new controller is assumeing you have the latest model which has shit loads of issues.

If you can use the grill from the controller then your issue is getting the app connected, mine was a bit tricky but I got it working.

Are you using an Android or Apple phone, uninstall the app on your phone and restart your phone then download the latest app on your phone, as mentioned in many posts it will only connect via a 2.4hz WIFI network, if you can set it up a guest or a dedicated 2.4hz network on your router with a different name than your normal WIFI so it is easyt to identify. Try the setup again making sure you select the 2.4hz network during the setup.

When I did this with mine it crashed at the last step, but when I turned the Grill off (switch on the back) and back on it connected.

Good luck

Mark
I believe it only connects to 2.4 GHz channels, not 5 GHz. You might look into your WiFi network.

Mark
Mark
Hey man I feel ya I was feeling the same way last week when I got my Pro 575. Have you called tech support? I tried everything and couldn't get connected either. I do have a fairly fancy Modem its an Asus quad band. There is a known issue with the wifi connection needs to be 2.4 GHz not 5.6. I finally called tech support got a nice young lady and she got me hooked up in about 20 minutes and now im loving the thing. All the best hang in there :)

Back