Pellets If you only had ONE…

I had a dream that I didn't "only have one" but had 2 and.... OH wait, this is the wrong thread.
smiley-signs081.gif

I have found that the Traeger and PitBoss pellets do not work well at all. They have additives like oils and flavorings added to them along with other wood like Alder. They burn WAY faster and my temps fluctuate like crazy. I have found Lumberjack is a great product. Any pellets that are 100% wood the way to go especially on a Traeger. The may be a more expensive up front but you will use much less during the smoke.

Because Bear Mountain is a local I tend to buy these
Mesquite
Apple
Cherry lately

Because Bear Mountain is a local I tend to buy these
Mesquite
Apple
Cherry lately
I found Bear Mountain at the Tractor Supply a mile or so from my house so that’s what I get. Hickory.

they have the Gourmet blend as well but I haven’t tried. Any experience with that?

Stopped by a Tractor Supply here in CO and they don't carry Bear Mountain. They had "Red Devil" or something like that...a brand I have never heard of until I saw them at the store.

I have tried several different ones and to me Bear Mountain is the best. Low ash and good smoke. And there sold local at TSC

My favorite are the Jack Daniels pellets. They're cheaper at Ace and Amazon than they are at the JD Distillery in Lynchburg, TN!

Second favorite is Cabela's Competition Blend. $9.99 for 20lbs at Bass Pro

Latest Discussions

Back