HELP!!! Tri tip loin recipes

Pshap

Reaction score
My wife bought Tri-tip loin strips instead of the usual tri-tip roast. What’s the difference other than being in strips rather than being a roast? Whats the difference in cooking time? Where can I find recipes for tri-tip loin strips (3”x 8” sections). Treager does not show any recipes for tri-tip loin online.
5436967C-C40E-4588-A2B9-D8AB7C617790.jpeg

corrado1

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
The tri-tip cut is from 3 different muscle sections of the cow (where they all connect). What you have looks more like a tip roast, which is a toughr cut of meat.

drich

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
My wife bought Tri-tip loin strips instead of the usual tri-tip roast. What’s the difference other than being in strips rather than being a roast? Whats the difference in cooking time? Where can I find recipes for tri-tip loin strips (3”x 8” sections). Treager does not show any recipes for tri-tip loin online. View attachment 1251
We get our tri tip strips from Costco and they are a good summer treat. Try smoking them for 30 minutes, then remove from grill an increase the temperature to 450. Once 450 is reached cook them for 15-20 minutes. As for seasoning we have used salt and pepper only since this seems to be a great compliment to the smoke flavor. I am going to try Traeger’s Blackened Saskatchewan seasoning next time. Hope this is helpful.

Latest Discussions