Have to say, very disappointed with my results.

Bruce N

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Always have been a big supporter of Traeger. My first grill was awesome. I dumped double the money into my new Pro 780, and have enjoyed it for the most part. Just got the update, and had the grill up to 500 degrees. No issues with the update. I have made a great pulled pork on it, and a few other things. But yesterday very disappointed with what came off the grill. First my smoked deviled eggs. NOT ENOUGH SMOKE. I do not look to kill it with smoke, but the eggs barely even turned color like on my older Traeger. Had to smoke them longer, and could almost smell and taste smoke. Made the 3-2-1 baby backs, just about no smoke at all, even at 3 hrs. of 180 low. No smoke ring at all, and the ribs tasted like I just sauced them and stuck them in a regular oven. Not happy with this cook. Looking into buying a smoke tube.

I have an Olivivi temp probes that bluetooth to my phone, so I get accurate readings for ambient and meat. It also gives you graphs. My Pro 780 smokes at 165 to 175, a setting on my Traeger of 165. Mu Traeger, brand new, does not smoke (watching it) at 180 to 200 like the manual suggests.

Latest Discussions

Back